Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       01-19-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
I don't want anyone to have property damage, but I am hoping we get tons of rain this week. If the last hour was any indication we will need to pull the boat out of the garage to get to work. All the rain helps, but how much will this weeks rain help with the low lake levels for this summer?

(Message edited by ctimrun on January 19, 2010)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-19-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
Not to mention the help it will provide with the wildfires?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
well I am sure the genius's that run Monterey County already have the gates wide open at the Naci Dam. they don't want it to get much higher than the 15% or so it is currently at. they will "anticipate" we will have enough run off in the late spring to keep it full, but they are usually wrong.

the wildfire areas are the most dangerous spots right now. lots of potential mudslides waiting to happen.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-19-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Thomas, so far they are keeping the releases at a minimum. The Dam project is completed and they are letting her fill up. I was out there all weekend and yesterday she had come up 7 vertical feet and it was flowing like a river at the Cantinas Creek. It will take months to clear though, there is debris everywhere.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-19-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
if this year is anything like it was in 97-98, the lake will be filled with debris well into August. that year was awesome for capacity, but sucked for props and hulls!

glad to hear they are keeping it at a minimum right now. I can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings, as they said the worst is still to come!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-20-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
"the wildfire areas are the most dangerous spots right now. lots of potential mudslides waiting to happen"

That didn't even cross my mind when I posted that question. That can't be good.