Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-13-2006, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey whats up, I am relatively new to this site and have not been able to find anything on this in the search, but I was wondering if anyone is surfing a 24Ve. I just can't get the pocket to have a nice shape. The ballast system that I have is a 600 lb bag in each back locker and a 600 lb nose bag. When I surf I have one of the 600 lbers filled and then the front bag. The front bag is just one large bag and is not sectioned off. I don't know if I may need anymore on one side or more up front or both. Anything you guys think would be great. Thanks
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-13-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
Surf Dad this is you're territory
Old    surfdad            10-13-2006, 4:16 PM Reply   
Yeah, the 24Ve is not the best platform I've been behind. It'll be hard to get the face to clean up, you'll probably wind up with a secondary lip much like a poorly weighted Enzo.

First, get rid of the bow weight. The Tige's all weigh in at 4K + without ballast so you don't need extra weight up front. The bow weight just mucks up the wake.

Under the port side bench seat, try and fill that up with a long tube sac or a few side sac's. The port rear compartment if you don't have a rectangular sac to fill it in, try two fat sac's one on top of the other.

On your taps, start at 4'ish and play with that as you burn gas through the day.

Set your speed at around 10.5 on PP, if the face is all white washy, try increasing the speed at one bump on PP and let the boat settle in before bumping the speed up more. If that doesn't work, run the boat speed up past 10.5 - jam the throttle to get the boat up to say 13, then let it settle back down.

Give that a shot and let us know how it worked out.
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-13-2006, 4:28 PM Reply   
thanks jeff, i will try that the next time out
i was wondering about the bow, i am thinking of getting some lead weights that are easily moveable so i can finely tune the wake, because the wake is pretty big, just not clean
anyway, thanks for the advice
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
where are your peeps sitting ?
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-13-2006, 8:10 PM Reply   
well the driver and then everyone else on the opposite side, i ride a regualr wave, i think that is the side we can get cleanest. i haven't tried to surf the goofy side yet. we usually have about 5 or 6 people out with us
Old    surfdad            10-14-2006, 4:48 AM Reply   
Good point Mike, Josh, you've got the folks in the right spot. We always like to put the "heaviest" people in the back corner and work up towards the observer's seat with the lightest.

One last thing that I noticed with the Ve (and the ZR or whatever they are called are the same hull as the Ve series and really quite frankly most hulls) you can clean up the face of the wake by turning into the direction of the wake - so if you are surfing the port side, made a gentle turn to port.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-14-2006, 5:11 AM Reply   
as jeff mentioned this is pretty important... when i had 6 peeps out last week, my wake developed a "rooster tail" and got a bit sloppy for the very first time...

it was one person sitting in the observer seat due to space constraints....even though my boat was weighted down quite a bit.... it made a hugh difference in the wake..when that person moved to starboard, the wake cleaned up dramatically.

if the peeps dont mind sitting on the floor, experiment with really try to get everyone as close to the surf side as possible
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2006, 7:00 PM Reply   
what is ur taps set at. in my 22ve on the port side i put the taps to 2 and then just about the same ballast your running on the starbord side in put the taps at 6 and the same weight. you need to play with it tho. where i put the taps at for that day just matters on how many people i have in the boat just play with it tho mine throws a sick wake on both sides sorry no pics.