Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    texaswake            07-29-2004, 2:37 PM Reply   
I am a new commer to the sport and need a board quick. I weight 110lbs. and am 5'2 I am wanting a board that will last me a while so i wont have to keep buying new ones but i dont want it to be a huge amount of money. also i will be wanting bindings to my shoe size is 8. well any advice is helpfull and plz help me
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
your second board you get will be a little more personalized then your first after youve riden for a while.. although,... i know someone who started on a hyperlite belmont 140 (which is now called the Hyperlite Motive), his boards started coming apart (dont let this scare you because the board was ridden every day for years... plus hyperlite has a lifetime warrantee)... he sent his board in and Hyperlite sent him back a free brand new Motive (again, the SAME shape as his old board) and now thats what he rides and continues to step it up... so id suggest that board... its made as a 134 and a 140... i dont know if your young and growing.. if you are, go 140... but if you happen to be older and done growing, id go with the 134... dont let any of that scare you, with your weight and height, you can ride either.. remeber the measurments are in centimeters.. and 6 of em isnt a big deal.. another thing i mite add is the 140 in my opinion is cooler looking.. its black, the 134 is red.. remeber though, theres ALOT of stuff out there that you can try... this isnt the only option... just an idea from what ive seen.. .and boots.. get something made by the same company that made the board, watevers comfy... good luck and welcome to wakeboarding...
-curt-
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-10-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
i've got liquid force trip 138 I'll sell for $200.00 with wiley pro build bindings (L).
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-10-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
You need either a Hyperlite Motive 134 (Amazing board that you can ride from beginner to pro level riding) or you can get the Liquid Force Trip 133 with the Alpha binding combo on buywake.com for cheap (again Great board) you gotta just decide if you like the characteristics of Liquid Force or Hyperlite.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-11-2004, 1:47 AM Reply   
6cm is a very big deal. You will notice a huge difference between a 134 and a 140 in terms of they feel in the air, on the water, on landings, their overall stability, etc. (By the way, 140 is almost definitely way to big for you. By the time you'd grow into that board--assuming you are still growing--you'll be wanting a new one anyway). Go to your local shop and look around. As always, demo if possible.

As for suggestions, the Motive is a good shape (although a little sluggish in my opinion). I'd also recommend checking out a DoubleUp Summit 133. Best of luck!