Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2007, 10:16 PM Reply   
Which has the better stock wake. Can't get out to demo all of these. Also which boat rides through the rough water best?
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
Bet VTX.
Old     (buluver)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-10-2007, 10:19 PM Reply   
Met VTX
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2007, 1:31 AM Reply   
Rough water best?- Sanger
Best wake stock?- VLX is tough to beat stock for sure. But the VTX might since it's a smaller boat(dunno haven't ridden one). Sanger also will throw a real mean wake... just gotta weigh er down.
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
I Have had both a Sanger and a now have a Malibu VTX and the malibu has a better wake and also handles better in the rough than my Sanger did.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-11-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
The stock wake on the Sanger 215 with triple ballast is tiny, 210 with triple is way better. My boss just picked up the VTX and it's bigger than the 215 but IMHO the VLX is the best stock out of those you listed. I thought the rough water ride was pretty close.
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2007, 11:17 AM Reply   
i dont know about the other 2 but the v215 wake stock w a full tank of gas no ballast filled very smooth. ballast's filled looks big to me
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       08-11-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
That's pretty scary (to us poor people). You're gonna drop around 50K and not demo. Wow! You say that you don't have enough time now just wait till you're trying to off load a boat that you don't like the wake on. Plus you're gonna be out more cash too!

So to answer your question, the best wake out there is the one you like, not that it matters.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-11-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
EJG, your vtx looks sick. I think I might be close to pulling the trigger on one.
Out of all the new boats available, the VTX fits our needs the best.
Did you get the power wedge?
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-11-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
here ismy 2 cents. just sold my 06 v215 that i ran with 3500# depending on # of people. so let me say this, i will take a stock vlx with bow ballest and power wedge over any other boat out there. here it is again, best out of the box wake, from factory to the water, vlx, I.M.O. again i will say that is I.M.O. but you are crazy if you buy about without a demo. there is always a way to demo a boat.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2007, 1:43 PM Reply   
I can't comment on the V215, but I have ridden behind a VTX and own a VLX. With stock ballast, VLX wake is bigger and firmer.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2007, 2:20 PM Reply   
The Sanger wake is real meaty and ramy not real steap yet still tall. I also dont notice to much trouble with weight sensativity on mine either which is nice. I run just the center and two v drive sacks totaling 1300 plus the crew and never get complaints. If you like to surf it throws a retarded wave with 2450lbs of ballast and everyone on one side. It's super crisp and curls about 8' back.

I'm sure the Bu's wake is sick and they make an absolutely beautiful boat but I cant imagine that the wake is 10-15k better than the Sanger's. Upload
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-11-2007, 4:37 PM Reply   
when the wake is bigger and thicker and you dont have a floor full of lead and ballest bags, trust me its worth the extra coin. and we are supposed to be talking stock wake here, no extra wieght. and you can surf behind any boat with enough wieght. again this imo.
Old     (edandgem)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-11-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
Tom I have the standard wedge. I don't use the wedge very much. It has a killer wake without the wedge and 900 lbs of ballast.