Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-03-2007, 10:59 PM Reply   
cannot seem to find anyone with a wakesurfboard in northern ohio, not too many surfers up here.
i have a malibu response, which puts out just enough wake to surf on, so if you want to surf, i am on the sandusky bay or the huron river
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-04-2007, 5:57 AM Reply   
Ed is out of Columbus too. He has a whole crew and is even throwing a contest this weekend.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/470888.html?1183502375
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-04-2007, 7:21 AM Reply   
Sean, i learned how to wakesurf behind Ed's boat, even rode his IS yellow loogie(awsome board), but i don't know how that board will ride behind my boat.
i am up on lake erie, by cedar point, if someone up here has the inland surfer yellow loogie, i will meet you at sandusky bay, with my boat to surf.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2007, 2:52 PM Reply   
If you can make it down to Wakefest you could bring your boat and moor at the boat club. Note that you’ll need to put in at the public docks. You are more than welcome to ride any of my boards behind your boat. I should have Walzer and Cyber Shapes demo boards at Wakefest. On top of that if you enter Wakefest you might take home a prize wakesurf board. All entries not entered in a cash seeking division are automatically entered in the raffle. We are raffling a ’07 IS Yellow, a Shred Stixx Ja Mako, and a Walker Project 5.0 Composite X board.

So, how can we grow wakesurfers in the Sandusky area? I wonder if we could run a clinic at a ski club up that way? Last year we ran several wakesurf gatherings, two on Morse Lake another at the Scioto Boat Club.

I know a couple of wakesurfers near Detroit. I’m expecting to see them at Wakefest. Maybe we can pull together a wakesurf gathering on the Maumee River near Toledo. I have family there; my nieces might be interested in surfing with the guys. Toledo should be close to Sandusky, and fairly close to Detroit. The Maumee River is only about 1 ½ hour or less for me. I guess the question would be who else would be interested in a gathering?

Wakefest is this weekend, I’ll see if there are any other local wakesurfers that might be interested in a Northern Ohio gathering. One thing that makes gatherings interesting is sharing boards and boats. I could bring the Mighty Centurion and my quiver of boards. Sean is getting a Walzer board to me by way of a friend. I have a Cyber Shapes demo board due in any day now.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-04-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
Ed, that sounds great!
i know there is a ski club on the sandusky bay and one on the maumee river, not sure of the name though. i would definately make it to the maumee river with the boat although its more like 2 hours for me.
i cannot make it this weekend because my brother is getting married down in kentucky, then i have a week of school, but am pretty much open after the 13th.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-04-2007, 7:14 PM Reply   
My July is looking pretty complicated. Early August might be possible but I have Nationals to prepare for on the 18th and 19th.