Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (wakegrace)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-24-2009, 5:02 PM Reply   
I went out last sunday and ended up losing a washer and bolt off one of my bindings. Anyone know of where I can get new hardware? I went to the local ACE but everything was either too long, fat or short.

I was going to just order some random ones off a website but wasnt sure if the sizes are universal.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for how not to lose them so easily? I have to take my bindings off the board every time I get off the lake so I cant have a set up where everything is permanent.

I wear gator coupes and ride a freemotion board if that needs to be known.

Thanks!
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-24-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
Apparently the sizes are slightly different for some companies. I'm not sure about Gator, but I know LF screws are slightly shorter than HL ones. You should be able to get new ones from a shop that stocks Gator.

Screw them into your deck when you take off your bindings, or get a board bag to keep everything together.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-24-2009, 8:34 PM Reply   
use "lock tight" on the threads, or something similar, when you screw in your fins and bindings. I never have to tighten my binding hardware.

Also, you can use teflon (sp?) tape (used for pipe threads). that works as well.

either way, it will only cost a couple bucks.
Old     (wakegrace)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-25-2009, 11:18 PM Reply   
the only problem with that is that i have to take my bindings off when i leave the lake. so wont lock tight defeat the purpose?

some one mentioned liquid force cam locks but i really dont know anything about them.
Old     (wakegrace)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-27-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
does anyone know anything about liquid force cam locks?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-27-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
why do u have to remove your bindings? Isnt there a way to avoid that and jsut use lock tight
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
love the cam locks if u don't need the axis teeth type fasteners. i have an extra set i'd sell u for 15 shipped. hit me up if u decide u want some. charlesajay at gmail dot com
Old     (gwperry2)      Join Date: May 2009       05-27-2009, 2:23 PM Reply   
Call Gator they should have them and send them to you.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-27-2009, 6:25 PM Reply   
I hate lock tight on binding screws, no point to it, just check the screws are tight while you get ready to ride. I have to take my bindings off my board sometimes to get it into my board bag.

I have the cam locks now since my original plastic thumb screws let go inside where the head is stuck in and wouldn't turn because of the lock tight LF puts on them. They were stuck in the deck. I had to trash the screws to get them out. My board shop recommended scraping that crap off with a wire brush before you mount your bindings, they put too much on and it is just a PITA. I don't think the cam locks will really offer that much benefit to you, but they look cool If you are using them with the claw type fastener you will probably have to grind down the round black plastic rocker thing to get it to fit. I just chucked them on a drill with some emery paper and ground them for a while.
Old     (wakegrace)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-01-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
i have a board bag and thats why i have to take off my bindings since they wont fit in. and i lost the washer and bolt while i was boarding. blech.

thanks looser! im still thinking about it but ill let you know.