Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
So yesterday the screen to the perfect pass went out. The perfect pass itself was still working and locking in a speed, but the screen was blank. After about two hours of riding the screen came back on as if nothing was wrong. Any thoughts as to why this happened?

Thanks
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-02-2010, 8:30 AM Reply   
Moisture....PP will coat it for you to prevent this in the future. You just have to round trip ship to Canada via FedEx and also wait a couple of days. they tell me 1 day turn around.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-02-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Check the connection to the PP brain sounds like it may have come lose. If its not that call PP they are really great to deal with.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-02-2010, 9:17 AM Reply   
I have had this happen to me several time this summer also... Also, when I kick the heater on, it resets PP. Maybe the voltage drop from starting up the heater motor???

It cant be moisture for me, mine has never been wet...
Old     (olmoomba)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-02-2010, 7:44 PM Reply   
Humidity? It doesn't take alot of moisture to wreck havok on the display. but voltage is another reason the screen will blank out and the system still work. I found the alternator wire connecting to the starter was loose and that was another cause.
Old     (Matt831)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-03-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Same thing happend to me. Was told to take top off PP module (black box under dash) then check large brown/biege curcuit, press on it firmly, and check system. I worked for me. I think it might have vibrated just slightly loose because my subwoofer is also under the dash and just several inches away from the black box.