Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2004, 11:54 AM Reply   
Can't keep a good woman down.
Christie, it was good to see you guys yesterday and hear that you had your first wakeboarding run after what I know has been a long and often painful summer of surgeries, rehab, etc. I am glad you are back on the water. It looked like you guys had a fun crew yesterday on Henry's boat. Too bad we did not have more time to hang out, hopefully soon.
Old     (jdaviso1)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-27-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
Why not send this to her in an e-mail?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2004, 12:17 PM Reply   
great to see fisher back!

video coming soon. i must warn you though...some of her crashes will make you cringe(sp?)!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
Congrats Christie! Great to hear you are riding again! And you picked the right weekend. The delta was glass all weekend.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2004, 12:26 PM Reply   

quote:

Why not send this to her in an e-mail?

congrats, props, sharing with people....aren't those good enough reasons to post?
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone! It was good to get back out there again. Jimmy, you looked like you were tearing it up as usual!

Too bad we had a little bad luck with ropes, props and swim platforms. Joe, it looks like you and I just cannot ride on the same boat!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-27-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
hey, don't blame me for the rope...i wasn't behind the wheel. as for the platform clips, ms. butterfingers...

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2004, 12:57 PM Reply   
Glad to here your back Christie. Now you can look forward to the winter glass.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 12:58 PM Reply   
Ms. Butterfingers??? Oh well...I guess I deserve that one! I will take full credit for the sunken platform clip. Sorry, Hen-Dawg!

I wasn't driving either when the rope incident happened, but I'm not even sure that was driver error since it caught on the swim platform and no one saw it until it was already too late.

At least we had Poison rocking the slough as the Paynes drove by...hahahaha.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 12:59 PM Reply   
Squid - Sorry, didn't see your post. Yeah, winter time is almost here. I guess that means we will be seeing you more at the delta??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
Christie. How does the repair feel? A little painfull still? You just surfing around testing it out? Or are you rocking the W2W jumps already? Gimme da scoop!
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-27-2004, 1:38 PM Reply   
J-Rod - I actually tried a few W2W jumps yesterday to see how it would feel (both mentally and physically), but I only rode one away. There is still a lot of pain (last surgery was only about 6 weeks ago), but the doc says to expect pain for over a year.

The big deal now is working through the pain to build the muscles back up. It felt good mentally to take the jumps for sure, but I think it will be a while yet before I'm charging it again.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-27-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
Christie- yes I will be heading up that way for some fun adventure filled days with you guys. Hopefully I will get to see Tammy also . Keep up with the rehab that helps keep the pain away.
Old    wakelvr            09-27-2004, 2:35 PM Reply   
Was that why you guys weren't riding much? It looked like you guys were beached for the fun of it. We only fell a dozen times right next to you... were you guys in need of another rope? We only had 3 on our boat!

Good to see you all out there. Good to see you out there riding Christie!

Good to see Mark (Wakehound) and crew out there too. Thanks for the BBQ after Mark!

You are welcome for the Poison! Gotta love Poison!

Thanks to all who stayed home this weekend. The water was great!!!
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-27-2004, 3:05 PM Reply   
Damn you're an animal. I can't believe you are at it so soon! Glad to see that you are stoked to get on the water again.

Now be careful!!!!