Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 30, 2004

Old     (openwydr)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-23-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
What are the best drysuits out there. I am looking at the Oneill Boost. Are there any other I should be looking at? Also when you wear a drysuit how do you wear your vest?

Thanks
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-23-2004, 1:46 PM Reply   
uuummmmm under the drysuit.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-23-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Best value - Ocean Tec - makes the suits for many others - no ad budget. Limited lifetime warranty.

Best Suit - Barefoot International. Overbuilt for wakeboarding, but has very rugged features.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-23-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'm not suggesting this, (KIDS ALWAYS WEAR YOUR USCGA LIFE VEST) but most people do not wear a life jacket underneath their dry suit, because the suit is air tight. So basically when you fall whatever air that is in the suit from when you zipped it up, will go to the surface of the water filling the dry suit up like an air bag, and most times it is enough air to keep you a float.
Old     (calabria_man)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-23-2004, 2:30 PM Reply   
check out the Wet Tech Dry lite suit.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-23-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
No vest indeed!
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       09-23-2004, 3:21 PM Reply   
do a search… every time about this year the dry suit topic gets recycled….

I do not wear my GGA vest under my dry suit because it’s too big…. However…. I do have a non CGA type ski vest that fits quite well. If my suit blows a seal at least I would not sink as fast… and during the winter it adds a bit of insulation with out adding bulk that restricts my movement.

Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-23-2004, 4:07 PM Reply   
Wear sweats underneath for padding and as well as warmth. Make sure you get a baggy suit. Then it is easy to take off between sets
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-23-2004, 5:06 PM Reply   
The O'Neil Boost is a great suit - we have two. We wear our lifejackets outside, but have been known to forget and just use 'Boost' Power to keep us afloat!
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-23-2004, 7:08 PM Reply   
I sometimes wear my life jacket under the drysuit and over sweats and a sweatshirt. I wear my life jacket more since the time i took a nice hard crash and deflated the drysuit. It was a little sketchy swimming with all that on, and i wasn't even wet. Just somethin to think about.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-23-2004, 7:42 PM Reply   
I wear my vest under my Boost suit, I have found the best riding clothes to be polar fleece PJ bottoms from Old navy. If they get wet, they dry quick.

I wouldn't trust the boost to support you because if you havr air in it it will break a seal under pressure and fill up with water....then you will be in a world of
Old    wakejump            10-03-2004, 11:32 AM Reply   
no vest
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-03-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
Bare, Barefoot Int. and Oneill make great suits. Buy the one that fits best.

You probably have enough flotation without a vest but what if your drysuit breaks and you take on water? You can't hold your breath nearly as long in cold water. I wear a non cga under the suit and it floats great. If something happens, at least I have something there to help me float.
Old     (dbjts)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-03-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
When you come up feet first with all the air in your ankles you'll wish you had a vest on.
All this "taking on water" talk is rubbish I've bust many a seal on a dry suit and sure you get wet but water doesn't rush in and drag you down.
Most of the air has already been compressed out of the suit once you submerge and let it out the neck seal so you've just got a close fitting suit with a hole in it.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-03-2004, 12:38 PM Reply   
I wear the O'neill boost. I love it. Last winter I never wore a vest underneath, and I would let most of the air out. I hate being puffy. I think I'm gonna wear my vest underneath this year for protection.