Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
15 years Really 22 years + 3431 different board designs ? different cores ,fin set ups ,rails ,bottom designs and no two boards look alike ? go to a surfshop ,most surfboards look alike.Why not the Wakeboard ? Most Wakes look alike ,But No 2 Waves are the same.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-15-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
This is an impressively confusing statement. Can you re-word that using proper grammar and maybe some elaboration?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-15-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Improvements maybe? Hop on a 15 year old board and let me know if it performs the same.......
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-15-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
i bet one of those 3431 designs is shaped like a piece of bacon. I <3 bacon.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-15-2012, 10:09 AM Reply   
3431? i bet this count includes the sizes of each board so they wont all be totally different... but still impressive none the less

this reminds me of a thread i did a while back on all the companies that have come and gone and are still here
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=790860
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-15-2012, 10:18 AM Reply   
I want to see Da Moose pump out some sick wakesurf boards. Why aren't you making them?
Old     (theinternetkid)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-15-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
I wouldn't agree that most surfboards look alike. There are short boards, fish, fun boards and long boards. (I guess you could count SUP, but I don't). In each of those categories there is a lot of variation in dimensions and fin setup.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-15-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
there are probably more variations in surfboard design than there are in wakeboard designs...
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
After 22+ years ,Water has not changed one bit ,but sooooooo many differant designs ,quit Da Proto-typing
Just can wait to see what next year brings .HEY some clue Ben in on my gramer ,WHAT U NEW?
just Keeping ya Thinking
Old     (theinternetkid)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-15-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
Just to show everyone the variations, here is the board room at AB Surf Shop (NC).
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2012, 3:21 PM Reply   
Yeah know so much lance ,The Different beteewn a Surfboard and a Wake board is ,Surfboards you have to paddle for a wave ,and a Boat will pull my Fat A$$ out of the Water, and i could NEVER Ride a 54 " board in the Surf and just TEAR it UP
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
Next
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-15-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
If they don't change the design every year, you won't buy a new board. It's that simple sometimes.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-15-2012, 6:24 PM Reply   
It's called innovation and technology, it's part of life. Everything has changed in 20 years from snowboards, bikes, cars, computers, etc, etc, etc. The snow hasn't changed on the mountains I ride, trails I ride my bike on, and the roads I drive on, yet technology does.

You never answered my question. Why aren't you making wakesurf boards?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
Jay ,Sorry ,This will tell it better than I can ,and 4 weeeks after this came out Junior allmost killed me.
http://thecoastnews.com/2010/09/the-...uality-boards/

And jeremy,WOW BRO you fogot the main Wakeboard MOOSE AND DA O.G. BOARD THAT IT ALL "DOC GRINDER"
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-15-2012, 7:28 PM Reply   
Raf,You tell me ,I've been riding this same board and bindings for 14 years ,yea the same board ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4uxlTE3e6U

you tell me
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-15-2012, 7:36 PM Reply   
I saw that video and I have nothing to tell you.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-16-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
hey Raf,There i was just a Fat 47 year old dude ,And that was my first pull of the year after a winter lay off.
Picking up you stick ,And riding with confedence,is what its about ,who has time to break in a new pair of Rainbows.
Bro ,what do you know about innovation and technology? I used to work for Howard Hughs when i was 18 in the prodo- type lab,I know what innovation and technology is.
some people see thing from a different angle,Does it look like it works ,Remember there im just an old 47 year old fat man,so im slowwwwww now,can't even walk
People on here tell me that's not a Wakeboard ,you tell me What it is ?
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-16-2012, 8:18 AM Reply   
Being an engineering major at ASU's school of innovation and technology, I know plenty about innovation and technology. Plus, I never said it wasn't a wakeboard nor did I say anything about your riding skills. Your board looks like it works fine for you and your style of shredding, but that doesn't mean that newer styles are useless or function the same as yours. I'm glad I have 3431+ board options available to me.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-16-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
Hy Energy and Rip Stick and butta wraps is all you ever need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4uxlTE3e6U

I wish I had a Carbon Fiber Lyman or Vandall

Remember kids NO J walkin

http://www.moosewakeboards.com/

Last edited by slipknot; 07-16-2012 at 8:27 AM.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       07-16-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_moose View Post
Jay ,Sorry ,This will tell it better than I can ,and 4 weeeks after this came out Junior allmost killed me.
http://thecoastnews.com/2010/09/the-...uality-boards/
Moose, this article doesn't say anything about wakesurf boards other than you making $350 custom surf boards, which is a smokin deal. Who is Junior?

Just sayin, it seems like a natural progression for you to make wakesurf boards. If you could make a sick wakesurf board for $350, you'd be killing it.

Have you made a wakesurf board yet?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-16-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
I don't mean any disrespect but LOL at that video
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-16-2012, 7:59 PM Reply   
Please tom, whats so LOL ?
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-16-2012, 8:07 PM Reply   
Raf. hate to brake it to ya ,wait to you get to the real world ,sorry what your learning in school a great start ,But the real world industry's going to blow your mind,your just scraching the surface.You'll see ,Keep up your school
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-17-2012, 12:26 AM Reply   
That video was great. I didn't know the wakes were so nice when Finn and Redmond were testin out there designs in the 80's!!! Hahaha j/k. Yo moose, keep slayshin it up if that's what makes you happy man. Soul turns will never die!!!
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-17-2012, 11:11 AM Reply   
I guess Im a weird Wakeboarder,Being a Surfer now for 39 years and riding in a sideways stance,I see the Wake as just one long wave that I can ride a skateboard on ,No one cutting me off or droping in on me. I think its Rude Wakeboarding when you get that clown who grabs the handle and trys to "trick it up" and falls every 16 secs. when you have 8 people in the boat waiting to ride.I you ever ride with me 2 falls your back in the boat "NEXT UP"

innovation is for people who are don't know how to do it right the First Time,The secret to a Great shape is "Knowing when to STOP"
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-18-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Props on the binding track way back when, but I'm not so sure you are participating in the same sport as the rest of us. Seems like u r stuck in an era that has long since gone. As far as you only "allowing" 2 falls to people riding with you, that explains the 3 hour wake slash video you posted. I'm not sure what u r trying to accomplish in this thread. I agree that there have been some gimmicky board designs that were put out simply to sell boards (the byerly with the flow through tail for example), but I don't think the sport would be where it is today without the experimentation of Murray, Nelson, butch, Redmond, etc... Maybe u should try and make some updated boards for today's wake scene. But I doubt any 1080's are going down on one of hose old Doc Grinder boards, especially with only 2 falls allowed. Lol.
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-18-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
"One arm!"

Lol. DA MOOSE is the ultimate wake troll. I still have no idea who you really are after all these years. Pat McCarthy? Ron Scarpa?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-20-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
I would also argue that there are more surboard shapes than there are wakeboard shapes. If you go out to any lineup with 15 different surfers, you will see 15 different boards in the same lineup. Why is that? Is it because people prefer to ride different shapes and experienced riders can employ a more aggressive design than a beginner? Even two 6'2" thrusters that look identical will have differences that make them ride differently.

Come on Moose, you're a shaper, you know that subtle tweaks completely change the ride. Just like a wakeboard shaper, surfboard shapers will add rocker, thin a rail, move a fin box, adjust the tail shape, narrow a concave all in the attempt to get the right combination for that rider. There is a reason that no one else is riding the Moose shape, while it may work for you, it is not some sort of gold standard. I could ride a 4 foot hunk of dock foam (and have), just because it works doesn't mean it can't be improved. While surfing has had a longer history, it has had its fair share of advances, hell the thruster is barely 30 years old.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-20-2012, 12:22 PM Reply   
Your not Seeing Different Shapes ,your seeing Different Size boards ,because of different skill levels and NO 2 WAVES ARE ALIKE ,But Shaping a Wakeboard for a Wake that NEVER CHANGES for miles make Shape a board a "DREAM",I get to take out the biggest factor in Making A Surfboard "The will the Board Float Me if I go Thin".
Basically if you take a boat full people out and thay all have the same size Shoe ,no mater what there skill level is ,Everyone will have FUN on the same board
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
In 2 years the board I ride will be a 15 yr old design.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
" Best part of being Phat ,,, is Never worring getting Fat"
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 12:06 AM Reply   
This thread is a losing battle and needs to be closed.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-23-2012, 11:17 PM Reply   
Does it really matter what year it is ? the water really don't care ,if its new, does it mean it's improved???
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-23-2012, 11:44 PM Reply   
Roll another big fatty there bud.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       07-24-2012, 2:12 AM Reply   
DA MOOSE! I haven't seen you for years it seems! Ahh, feels like wakeworld Circa 2003.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-25-2012, 11:49 PM Reply   
Just read through this and I am amazed. Besides the difficult grammar I'm not understanding your point Moose......I personally know 6 different shapers in San Diego who all create very different surfboards....that is an odd point you are eying to make.

The other mention that every wake is the same and it never changes is hilarious. Boats all put out different sized and shaped wakes, and by changing weight (or people in the boat for that matter) the wake changes as well.....innovation is a great thing and for that reason I would never yank someone back into the boat simply because hey ell twice. At that rate it would take 15 years to et to your level of riding....you may be fine with it, but the group I ri with would like to progress much more I a shorter period of time.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-26-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
tommy ,innovation ,We're Vaping
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-26-2012, 12:38 PM Reply   
Bahahahahha... That's awesome
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-29-2012, 4:48 PM Reply   
innovation, innovation ,innovation ,thats all I read ,Well should I go back and put 1/4-20 inserts in my board and shine the "adjustable sliding track"? or go back to putting a seam on my rails ,i kinda like the seamless rail ,no edges to catch ,or putting nubs on the bottom instead of 100% solid box fins ,or even go back to glass and shine using Carbon Fiber???
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-29-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Vaping? C'mon man, I thought you were old school and against innovation.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-30-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
Raf ,I took the skurfer to the Wonderful World for Wakeboarding ,raf ,stop thinking ,
what part of Carbon Fiber ,do not understand ? nobody use's Carbon ,let alone a Sliding adjustable track,Oh yeah Burton use's it on there snowboards now 22 years after I did it .
Vaping ,I invened a way thats 2X's better ,and EVERYBODY in No.County Call's it "MooserRizzzin"
Go back to school and waste you $$$
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-30-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
Ya , rAf.. Go bak to skhuul and waiste yu monny on yuseles stuf lik speling. punktuation , grahamer. U dont now anniething, youngzter.

Oh yea, 30 yearz uhgo in Encinitas we usta uze smoke rings frum our bongs too cumunikate and sent eech uther infurmashun. Al Gore stolle the internut frum me, that bastard ,
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-30-2012, 6:55 PM Reply   
Someone delete this thread, it's a lose lose.
Old    9Drozd            07-30-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
I love that I have to go and get my ghetto language dictionary to understand the information in this thread.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-30-2012, 9:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
Ya , rAf.. Go bak to skhuul and waiste yu monny on yuseles stuf lik speling. punktuation , grahamer. U dont now anniething, youngzter.

Oh yea, 30 yearz uhgo in Encinitas we usta uze smoke rings frum our bongs too cumunikate and sent eech uther infurmashun. Al Gore stolle the internut frum me, that bastard ,
Born and raised in north county.....never heard of you, any of your supposed inventions, and DEFINITELY never heard anyone refer to it as Mooserrizzen......nice to see your nuts though.

Also...I invented the pet rock.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-30-2012, 10:51 PM Reply   
pedro tommy ,just don't look then.
john ,ever herd of 91X ? check the site done alot of stuff with them ,even gave away a Wakeboard at X Games 2,that was in San Diego.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-31-2012, 9:38 PM Reply   
HEY if You Don't lesson to Anything I ever write.

Lesson To This " Never Smoke cigarettes"
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-04-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
Not sure how I came across the fail thread, but I just had to bump it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-04-2012, 11:11 PM Reply   
Thanks Raf. Made for good bedtime reading/entertainment. I think it just showed me my kid's perspective when they say I'm losing it or I'm out of touch. On second thought, screw you Raf! Jk.