Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-05-2013, 12:38 AM Reply   
Has anyone heard about the opening? I keep flying home to Sac to shred at Wake Island but am curious about Pala so I can ride every weekend, Last I heard they were aiming for a july opening?
Old     (wakeskierbrad)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-16-2013, 2:41 PM Reply   
It's on hold currently...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-17-2013, 9:47 AM Reply   
we need more than "its on hold", we know its on hold, they need to put out a statement with an update

Place will be swamped when and if they open.

Wake Island opened...............
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-17-2013, 10:13 AM Reply   
https://www.facebook.com/wakecompound

Gonna be sick if it get's done, Moto in the morning and then wash off in the lake!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-17-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Riley, yea we havent seen anything from them in a few months, that was when the state came in requesting more permits, you know the cali routine

I just called, the Tribe has it on hold, they wont talk to anyone, and there is no update since April. Maybe they gotta line some pockets in Sac who knows

Last edited by slipknot; 07-17-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-17-2013, 12:14 PM Reply   
Construction to resume in August after the biologist clears up the issues related to the delay. This place will open and be huge!
Old     (Dustfarter)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-17-2013, 12:23 PM Reply   
It's amazing Wake Island opened. I'm petty sure we can thank the state for this. Any small business has a hell of a time here let alone a business that's trying to do something sports related and fun. Cali needs to pull it's head out of its ass.