Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-04-2013, 11:15 AM Reply   
Hey, Just curious... Since Phil is no longer apart of Liquid Force, has anyone heard whether the S4 will be discontinued or will it stay in the 2014 gear line up for next year?
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2013, 11:28 AM Reply   
Haven't heard specifics. Its likely that they will continue making the shape with perhaps a different name. Molds are expensive and it might make sense to offer the board as a package type setup.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-04-2013, 12:51 PM Reply   
They sadly killed the Lyman when he left instead of renaming it.. wish they would have renamed it - I love that shape.
Old     (tdickman4)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-05-2013, 5:20 AM Reply   
I can't see them keeping it since he is gone and they have so many better boards than the s4
Old     (wakeskierbrad)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-05-2013, 9:50 AM Reply   
I'm guessing they will drop the S4, it was a popular shape, but others have become more popular in the last few years, the hybrids, and the Harley.

What about the Soven Bindings, know a lot like these, with the laces and 2 thinner straps on top, but can't see them keeping the name, maybe a name change, and slight tweak!?
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-05-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm not sure about the S4 but the Lyman was designed by Lyman and Redmond. I'm guessing Liquid Force did not want pay Lyman to continue using the mold.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2013, 12:21 PM Reply   
At a boat show Phil told me Liquid Force has until the end of the year to sell them off. He made it sound like LF would have to pay Phil $$$ if they sold them after the end of the year.
Old     (d_h_wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-06-2013, 2:26 PM Reply   
What about the new 2013 Watson Classic LTD? They discontinued it, now its back in LTD? Will that be gone for good next year?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-06-2013, 2:39 PM Reply   
Depends on how the contract around that pro-model was structured. If it was a lump sum paid per year, then it probably wouldn't be a big deal and they may keep it around if it was selling well. If they were giving commission on boards sold, that could be a different story.