Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-09-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Ok we finally did it. We bought a 2013 MB B52 23wb. It is being built now. Will have in January. Now the question. I want to do a 10 day(+/-) road trip. I am thinking on renting a 25 foot RV and doing a northern California road trip. Shasta, Bullards etc. I have not been to either. Any ideas of where to stay and launch. Or maybe even other lakes to go to. I figured now is the time to plan.
Thanks in advance for any info. It is greatly appreciated.
Don C.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-09-2012, 9:18 AM Reply   
Don,
I've been to Shasta a few times and imho you could spend ten days there in itself and never see the whole thing, let along get all your riding in. Sick boat!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-09-2012, 10:26 AM Reply   
put trinity on the list for sure.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-09-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
push farther north and go to diablo lake in wa. its def my dream ride spot...

Last edited by simplej; 12-09-2012 at 2:59 PM.
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-09-2012, 9:01 PM Reply   
I agree that both Shasta and Trinity are beautiful lakes that you could easily spend 10 days at. Why spend time on the road when you could be in the water? If you do go to Bullards you are going to probably want reservations for the RV. You're going to have to make sure you get them when they open up the reservations in January of you may not get what you want. They book up fast.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-10-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
Do you guys know where to stay at Bullards that allows RV.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-10-2012, 3:46 PM Reply   
School house is the name of the campground I think?
Hornswoggle is gruop sites.
What size rig do you have? Some of the sites would be a tight fit for 30' plus....
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-11-2012, 6:01 AM Reply   
We are going to rent an RV. I f have been looking and we are thinking a 25 is more then enough.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-11-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Get a double site and you can park the boat next to the rv. Only downside to Bullards is no shoreline camping unless you boat camp. But its only a short haul to the ramps from the campground.