Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lcannon13)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-17-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
I have a trip planned next month for a week down there and was planning on taking my board. Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to go and if I should contact a school type place or try renting my own stuff?

Thanks for the help bros.
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-17-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
I went wakeboarding while i was in cancun a couple years ago this is the guys site that operates the wakeboarding
http://www.waterskicancun.com/index.html

If you do be SURE to call and make arrangements with this guy before going there.

he had a couple wakeboards but they were really old and one of the bindings were broken. i would try to see if he has updated them. if you have the luxury of bringing your own stuff i would.

if you wakeboard at this place it is on the lagoon. you might look into wakeskating behind a jetski so you could do that on the crystal clear ocean water.
any ways hope that helps if you have questions let me know
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-17-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
I agree with devildog. the equipment and location (lagoon) are not the best. I went to the sane guy and decided it was not worth the money. There is a guy who runs a kiteboard school just outside town. You may not progress fast enough to be up and riding in one session, but I think it's a better value
Old     (Shooter)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-17-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Btw,there Is so much to do in Cancun that I wouldn't worry about not boarding. Your hotel should have a concierge / tour provider that you can arrange with. I recommend swimming in the cenotes If they still do that tour.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-17-2011, 9:14 AM Reply   
Went to the same guy...had my own in gear so that made it a little better. He only charged us for the time on the boat and not what we scheduled so it ended up being pretty cheap.
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       02-17-2011, 12:29 PM Reply   
im in a similar situation. I'm going to Anguilla in late june for 13 days. The resort im staying at includes wakeboarding with its amenities. Is suspect its no wakeboat, but was going to bring my board since i was going to be there for a while, and even if the wake is horrible, wouldn't have to worry about crappy gear,