Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dgeiler)      Join Date: Oct 2009       05-17-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
With it being a slow Monday morning, I filled my time by checking out the Tige Facebook page and ran across these photos of the RZ2 used for the Wake9 Surf Festival this weekend. Sweet looking ride, and a killer looking wave! Did anyone attend/participate in this event and get to ride the wave behind the RZ2?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old     (Tiffanynfern)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-17-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
not a good lake to have something like this. there aer much better lakes for an event like this like oroville, shasta, or even folsom. next year this should be planned at a better lake
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
I was camping there all weekend. We were pretty much just in front of the event. Didnt even seem like much was going on. There was hardly any indication that there even was an event other than a bunch of Rv's camping on the point. If I hadnt read about it before going I would have never even thought there was anything goin on. No signs telling peolpe to go watch , no announcing , no nothin. It looked like a private event to me. Even at the entrance to the point , they put a sign saying it was reserved for private event. If they wanted people to go check it out, it was a poor attempt. The hot boats acroos the way seemed like they had more going on.

Last edited by rodltg2; 05-17-2010 at 9:29 AM.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-17-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Tiffany, Camp Far West worked perfectly. We had absolute glass friday and saturday. Also you could camp and watch from shore. You cant do that any where on oroville and shasta. With those lakes you would have to be on the water.