Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    herbman            09-15-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
Hey there,

What is the best wakeboarding instructional video out there? (Mainly for Beginner-Intermediate)
Old    murrayair            09-15-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
There have been tons of threads on this topic. You should be able to find lots of info if you run a search. Personally, I would go with "detention" or "the book".
Old    natxbrotha            09-15-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
i have found that the book is extremely detailed and explains alot of different things every other instructional does not... thats my observations.
Old     (lsv_doc)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-15-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
I have seen both detention and higher education, detention is much more entertaining. Both are the same for content.
Old    walt            09-15-2005, 7:39 PM Reply   
IMHO the Book kicks ass and Detention sucked.

The Book brakes down the tricks better and goes into better detail.

Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-16-2005, 5:20 AM Reply   
Definitely "The Book".
Old     (janzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-16-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
I watched detention, higher education and waketrixs many times, and saw parts of the book. I would say the book is the best one, then higher education, a little bit lower is waketrix. Detention basically sucks. The book is definetely the most detailled of them.
Old    jhair            09-16-2005, 7:08 PM Reply   
Ditto Jan. The Book is several notches above the rest.
Old    thrashmetash            09-16-2005, 8:07 PM Reply   
I can't believe you guys are bagg'n on Detention. It is a classic! It was the best instructional out there for a long time and it is totally entertaining as well.
Old     (centralcali)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-16-2005, 8:17 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Howard...Detention is a total classic. That video has been out for a long time and was the best thing going in its day. But, it obviously doesn't compare to The Book. I've had Detention, Higher Education and the Book. The book is by far the best. I really like the trampoline training on the book.

Detention is kind of like 12 Honkeys to me. Not that either of them are the highest quality, but they are both fun to watch. 12 Honkeys still has to be one of my favorite videos.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-16-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
Trevor,

Go to bed, you have an early day tomorrow let me know if you can make it. 8am