Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-31-2004, 1:07 PM Reply   
if this post dies i am done with it. aug 6 is a hyperlite sponsored competition in madison wi on lake monona, call redline sports at 608-838-0838 for details.....after the comp us locals will be heading to my parents lake house for a friday thru sunday ride till your arms fall off fest, there will be a minimum of three boats there, plus a rave slider and a couple jetskis for slider sets.....i have limited room to stay but there is a campground on the lake. All are welcome bring your board some food and some gas money age range from 18-30 as of now, and all are welcome
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       07-31-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
age range 12-30

good riding today mike!
wish I could say the same...
later
Old    cizzy            08-01-2004, 10:35 AM Reply   
Can't wait! Bringing my sister and my roommate ... hope to see everyone there!
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-01-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
If this post dies I am done with it?? what does that mean??? Ok, I did my part, sounds like fun, wish we could make it, but still have to make money to fly to INDY. Hope y'all have a GREAT time!!
Old     (aaron_l)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-01-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
I don't want this post to die, but you know I'll be there. In fact I'm on my way out the door right now to hit up the lake with you tongiht Mike, but I can't for next weekend either.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-02-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
I am going to try to make the contest that day and depending when it's over I may join up with you guys (provided I can bum a ride). We have another local contest Saturday and I work Sunday so those days are out for me. If I don't make the Redline contest have a fun time!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-02-2004, 1:41 PM Reply   
Liz of course you can bum a ride, you and mike hooked up me and shannon at the earliest stages of my riding and it was appreciated. Tell mike the slider will be up and running as well....is the wonder lake comp saturday?
Old    upupnaway            08-02-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
No, It is a munson contest at liberty lakes in libertyville.
The wonder lake wake off is on sunday, sept. 11th.
It should be a really good time again!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-03-2004, 6:02 AM Reply   
Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. I would if I could be 2 places at once. Let me know how things go. I want to see pics. Also keep me informed if you do another get-2-gether.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-03-2004, 4:18 PM Reply   
just doin my part to keep the post alive

I think I have the perfect pass speed mode tuned in! see you guys this weekend
Old    cizzy            08-04-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
Keeping the post alive ... I was on vacation all of last week and got to ride with my cousin Peter, he has a 2000 Malibu wavesetter w tower, speakers, and perfect pass ... he's hoping to come up sometime in september for a weekend so if anyone is interested maybe we could do another small get together then ... Otherwise I am excited as hell to get out this weekend and meet some of you that I haven't had a chance to ride with yet ... and you can be sure there will be pictures!!
Old    ctwakeboarder            08-04-2004, 10:47 AM Reply   
I've been looking all over for info on wakeboarding in Wisconsin. I'm from CT and I'm going to uw-madison this fall as a freshman. There seems to be some sort of wakeboard club there for the school, but it seems like it mainly revolves around skiing. How the hell could there be a wakeboard club during the school year anyway, it cold as hell! Let me know what you guys know about the wakeboard club. I saw you mentioned redline sports, and I know they sponsor the team with the boat...i think. thanks
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 10:54 AM Reply   
they do sponsor, and one of the guys we ride with regularly was a member, but wasnt so hot on it because it does revolved around skiing, kempton....hit us up when you get to town we ride into octobober....slider is fixed all!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
mike i will definately be at the wonder lake comp, any chance of hooking up with you for a warm up ride that day or whatever? ill see you at the comp in madison and give you my address so you can finally hit the slider
Old     (scottyb)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-04-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
I plan on being there and am looking forward to seeing a lot of people killin it. Lets just hope we get good weather.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2004, 11:30 AM Reply   
a needed asset folks.......a decent cd boombox for the dock thanks!
Old    ctwakeboarder            08-04-2004, 12:16 PM Reply   
What do you guys ride on? You wear dry suits obviously if you ride into october, any suggestions on which one to get? So your buddy thought the club was bs?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-05-2004, 6:09 AM Reply   
Drysuits.....Definitly check out or get the Barefoot International!! Espically if you are in Wisco. (Thats where the company originated)
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-05-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
oh mannn.....

don't know if I am goin to make it this weekend...

Ok.... I will be there, have my campsite all ready to go, now I just have to work out the rest of the logistics!
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-05-2004, 11:10 AM Reply   
The Munson Mayhem event is August 7th and September 4th. 8:00am registration at Liberty Lakes in Libertyville......

Someone has the wrong date....
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-05-2004, 2:06 PM Reply   
Actually I called Munson and they said there wasn't a tourney this weekend... The next and last is on September 4th. Call them to verify.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-05-2004, 3:27 PM Reply   
Oh come on, you can ride well into October without a suit.

What lake are you going to be on this weekend? I'll be in the Beaver Dam area all weekend.
Old    bmm            08-05-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
mike,
sorry I have been gone for so long but I have actually been in pewaukee working for the past two months. I will be there for the hypertour tomarrow and I will try to get out to the party this weekend i've got your # now from gordon
Brady
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-06-2004, 5:56 AM Reply   
it is goin to be beautiful weekend!
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-06-2004, 7:18 AM Reply   
brady i will see you at the comp, slider is up and running (i think) i have found little tiny holes to patch over the last two days, but think i finally got them all......my boat will NEED a prop change this evening sometime but other than that everything should be up and running....if anybody has a wakeskate to use behind a jetski that would be great....ive got a prize for the first person that greases the slider on a skate
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-06-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
by the way the total number of holes in the slider as of last count......17, bring some food people!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-09-2004, 6:14 AM Reply   
good weekend mike...
be sure to thank your parents for the use of their place for us! I finally got some sleep last night!