Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    silverhawk            09-13-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
Anyone ride/know anything about this board? How is the pop compared to a true 3-stage board? Im looking for a board a little faster and poppier than my 04 era, would this board fit my wants? Also how would the Lyman compare to say a Byerly, Substance, Absolute? Which one would ride the closest to my era? Which one would be the fastest and poppiest? I know i should demo, but living in Illinoin, there arent many places to demo boards at.(I have yet to find a boardshop near me) Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old     (jwb)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-13-2005, 3:44 PM Reply   
i ride an 04 lyman and my personal opinion is i love it. Its a continous board, and the boards you rattled off are all 3 stage. Ive ridden in the last summer a state which is kinda like an era and i went higher on that than my lyman, but my lyman takes me farther out....its all personal preference....
The byerly, substance, and absolute i have never rode, save an 03 byerly, so i cant really help you out with those.
Old     (whirlynuke02)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-13-2005, 6:53 PM Reply   
ive heard it rides pretty similar to a 3ds, and not just because it looks similar. thats just what i heard though
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2005, 7:38 PM Reply   
Im intrested as well.... probably the board I want to know about more then other I have yet to demo.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
there are also two reviews each of the 136 and the 141 on the board guide...
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-14-2005, 10:43 AM Reply   
It looks really close to the old 6 fin Belmont shape. What do you think Chris?
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-14-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
I love the feel of my 04 136 Lyman. The board tracks really well, has good pop, lands soft, and releases from the wake very nice. I ride the board finless, haven't tried it with the fin. I demoed this board after riding a O Brien Player, and felt this board had much more pop, is a lot faster, and has softer landings. I also demoed the TFD and Subject from last year, both felt faster, but I liked the way this board pops and lands better. It all depends on how you ride, because I've seen people get no pop on boards that are supposed to give you a ton of pop, people riding with cracked boards missing a fin that are going huge, ie Jimmy Wolf, and just look at how big Lyman goes. I like my board a lot, and it has helped me to progress my riding over the last year a ton. Hope this info helps a little.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 1:37 PM Reply   
i agree shawn. very similar.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
I don't know guys it lookalike a Blindside Billy Mckee to me.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-14-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
it always reminded me of a Substance with out the 3 stage..
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
guess it just goes to show how similar a lot of the boards are nowadays