Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-06-2011, 10:00 PM Reply   
i cant seem to figure it out i want the background to blur but not the subject
Attached Images

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-06-2011, 10:11 PM Reply   
longer exposure

Last edited by dakid; 01-06-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-06-2011, 10:18 PM Reply   
If you look at the photo thred. I took one of a chevy truck. I took about 50. And got about 5 good ones. Once I stoped resting my arms on the chase rig they turned out better. If you turn the shutter speed down as low as you can but still keep it from bluring the car. Its kinda hard to say cuz each shoot will be different. But you just got to keep trying. We were going about 50-55 to get the effect I got. Keep both rigs the same speed is important. I will try to get the settings for my pic. Good luck its fun. Let me know if I can help but I think a lot of luck was involved in my shot.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-07-2011, 6:05 AM Reply   
I'd say a shutter speed around 1/250th for a shot like that. It also helps to have a body that can track an object approaching you at speed and a lens with image stabilization with a panning mode.
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-07-2011, 1:16 PM Reply   
You can watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQy3ilth7HI
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-07-2011, 6:10 PM Reply   
If your just looking for the motion blur slow your shutter speed down to 100 or less and pan with the object. 60 is about as low as I can go handheld with no I.S.. I've spent some time out at Infineon raceway working on panning and came up with some stuff that works for me. I'd be happy to pass that on if you send me a PM.

The shots that I've seen like the one you posted were actually done at really low speed (5 MPH) with a boom mounted to the car (slow shutter Speed). The boom gets photo shopped out later. I'm sure there are other ways of doing it though.
Attached Images

Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 10:10 PM Reply   
thanks for the advice guys i'll let u know how it goes haha.