Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-14-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
First the details:

2009 F21 Tomcat
Port (leftside) tank full ~ 900lbs
2 Adults and 1 child in the cabin
1 Child in the bow
Driver (of course)
Hyperlight Broadcast 4'9"
Rope length: Don't know. Surf rope was used.

@ 10mph - first baseline
All I saw was turbulent water. No sign of a "wave". Rope length was set to the full length of the rope and one full extension.

@ 11mph
Passengers said I looked "ok". Still no sign of "wave". Rope length was set to full length and 1/2 length of the extension.

@ 12mph
Crap I am getting tired of pulling myself. I do see a "wave" but I keep on catching a front lip trying to pull myself into the "wave". Rope length is just the surf rope itself with no extention

@11.4mph (yay for Zero off)
I am still getting pulled by the boat (feels like wakeboarding). I see the wave and I am "shredding" on it by going up and down the "wave" whilst holding on the rope. At no one point did I feel like the wave was pushing me.

I may try going up to 13mph. That will be next in the "dial" in period.

Lucky for us, we saw someone surfing behind a Maristar 205. The person surfing was practically on the swim step! Is that my problem? Am I starting way to far out?

I really do not want to start using sac of any sort. The only drawback to this, I have an MCL strain that will put me out of commission for about a month.

Mario-