Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (1NewSupraOwner16)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-10-2016, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hello guys! My wife and I just bit the bullet and purchased a left over 2015 Supra SC400, with the Swell system. We love the boat, but need some help setting up our waves. For the most part, it will be one of us pulling the other, with little or no passengers. We are surfing the port side, and have the swell system set on 0 (port) and 15 (starboard), for the "skim" wave. I had some suggestions of favoring surf side by 200 lbs, and 50-60% in the front, but that was horrible. The boat rode very nose high, to the point of little to no visibility. The swim platform was completely submerged during surfing, creating a bad wave. The fix for that was 100% full in the front. The only way to favor the surf side is to leave ballast out of the starboard, which we tried from 50-85%. Didn't seem to help much. Curious if anyone has any advice or similar experiences.................we are leaving tomorrow for the lake and I'd like to get this thing surfable for the weekend. Im also curious if the swell settings ever need to be adjusted. I have the V2 guide,but all the data points towards 0, 15, 40, 0 on the settings. Would bringing both tabs down help get the nose down, say 30 port and 45 starboard? Any input is greatly appreciated!
(To be fair, I have talked to my dealer, and Supra, and they are working to get a Swell expert to take me out for a lesson/demo. Im satisfied with the support from my dealer and Skiers choice, but in the mean time, would like some to ideas to try and make my weekend better )

Last edited by 1NewSupraOwner16; 08-10-2016 at 2:17 PM.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-11-2016, 5:15 AM Reply   
Might want to post over on the MOOMBA forum......couple of guys with Supras over there. Might even be able to search for settings to try.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-11-2016, 6:38 AM Reply   
Try the nose full and put your surf setting at 55 or 60. I would also run opposite side at 85%.
Old     (CanadaJason)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-14-2016, 9:23 PM Reply   
I have an SA but the swell setting should be similar I run the skim way at 35 degrees and it seams to work with the wake plate at 30 and the front at 50% and both rear sacks full. Do you have the 750 cjstome rear sacks those are a must. I run speed any where from 10.3 for Morse push up to 11.3 for a longer pocket.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2016, 11:04 PM Reply   
I find it frustrating that some dealers don't or can't advise buyers of the proper setup for whatever we want to do behind our boats. They sell the darn things! They should know. It's actually extremely unprofessional on their parts. My local Nauti dealer didn't understand a thing about having larger, custom sacks made for my boat. They actually asked me, "so do those larger sacks make any difference?" Needless to say, I was floored when I heard that question.
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-15-2016, 10:57 AM Reply   
If you think boat dealers are bad, try buying a car and asking ANY specific questions.