Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-24-2012, 9:49 PM Reply   
.......would be possible with the old stiffy tower extension a la Dean Lavelle
Attached Images

Last edited by devildog_ra; 06-24-2012 at 9:56 PM. Reason: sp
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-24-2012, 9:52 PM Reply   
WANT purple Aztec Crow with stiffy tower bad! legit!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-25-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
At least if you run out of gas you can sail the thing home!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-25-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Shapiro was close to a triple front years and years ago.... one of the double or nothing vids had him getting like 2.75 flips (just coming down on the tail of the third rotation).... that was a long time ago without "gamechaner" boats.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-25-2012, 6:48 PM Reply   
And the most misleading title of a thread that still has entertaining content goes to...

But I did enjoy this. I think the best minds in wakeboarding should come together to make that boat/tower combo happen, and then hold a contest behind it.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-25-2012, 6:54 PM Reply   
I was telling a friend about that retarded contraption yesterday
Someone should start a thread about failed wakeboard non-innovations
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2012, 9:10 PM Reply   
It is an interesting point though. Pros are getting booted well above the towers off double ups now days, and probably even without the double ups too. With that being said, a taller tower would theoretically give them more hang time and air I guess. I'm suprised this hasn't been pointed out sooner!
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-26-2012, 4:01 AM Reply   
i couldnt take a rider with that tower seriously.

Unless he or she was doing triple flips..
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-26-2012, 9:26 AM Reply   
Higher the tower the more of an arm effect causing the wake to get F'ed up. If the wakeboarders can't do triples of the current wake boats its just not go'n to happen
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-26-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
remember i think it was fly high that had the tower extended pylon that went way up too. but i don't remember anybody using it...i think they still sell that thing too.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-26-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
http://www.boardstop.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2268

here ya go
Old     (cocheese)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-26-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
I remember seeing the Air Sling on stunt junkies when the guy jumped over an oncoming boat with a hydrofoil. The air sling looks much better than the modified sail thing but still seems like cheating. Maybe an Air Sling on a new G23 or XStar would create a "world record" tripple flip!
http://www.airsling.com/index.cfm
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-26-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
do not want
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-26-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by snork View Post
If the wakeboarders can't do triples of the current wake boats its just not go'n to happen
Care to put money on that? How long ago were doubles only done by a few riders, and now they're being thrown in contest.
Old     (BamaLurker)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-27-2012, 1:34 AM Reply   
Now all those two boats need is the wake wing to create a lil down force making the wake bigger and then we should all be landing triples!!! Duh!