Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            11-11-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Life Rolls on is a wonderful grassroots organization that is an advocate for young people that have suffered or endure a spinal cord injury, mostly of the complete severity.

I take a special interest in this charity, after recently being introduced to it, because I have an SCI...but for the grace of God, I should have ben confied to a wheelchair.

Our very own Matt Smedman of Smed Wakesurfers has a family friend that not only suffered a complete SCI but also is involved with the charity. Matt was one of the generous contributors to the LRO - Night by the Ocean fundraiser.

Huge props to Matt for supporting the charity, as well as, broadening the exposure for wakesurfing.

Here's a pic of my Matt's board with Jesse Billauer, founder of LRO

Upload

More pics from the event here
Old    mobster            11-11-2008, 2:44 PM Reply   
I've Met Jesse and have shot video of him charging overhead Trestles as well of H.B. pier. Mad props to Matt Smedman thanks for posting this Jeff http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jesse+Billauer&search_type=&a q=f Here is a link list of Jesse Charging
Old    surfdad            11-11-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
My aplogies to Matt for misspelling his last name I always confuse his screen name of Smedman with his actual last name of Smedley :-) Forgive me too JL, for confusing you. I'm OLD! :-)

That is sick video of Jesse. Truly an inspirational figure.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-11-2008, 5:57 PM Reply   
Very cool Smed! Way to step up for a great cause!