Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (harmonizers)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-15-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
What would you do. Got a Maristar (X-2) 2006 model stripped down. The boat has no ballast whatsoever. Hard tanks are look to be to expensive as do any aftermarket 'system.' My question is the following? You have just enough money to put gas in the boat for the next summer (very poor grad student) you only have 4 folks in the boat, how/what would you do to (the more specific the better) create the perfect wake. (we are all used to riding behind a ps 205 (2000 model, samel hull as the X-1 with 700lbs. in the stern and a couple hundred in the bow) thanks for the help, we liked our old wake and would like something similiar.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-15-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
watch the for sale thread on here and pick up ballast systems piece by piece... it may take a while but then you can nickel and dime it and save some money... i'm selling a ballast pump now, i know there are lots of other random pumps, sacs, and lead idea's floating around

*there is always weights from a weight bench, lead, sand bags, large women/men you can use**

or just pull your plug for a min or two, let some water in the hull, just bilge when your finished...not the #1 idea but it works
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-16-2008, 1:39 AM Reply   
i would sell it... it is going to be much more expensive than you budgeted to run it..... let me know how much...???
Go with the large women that have lots of money to help you with gas...
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
I have friends who try and cut every corner possible when it comes to spending money on their boat...

They use rubbermaid containers... Two guys... dip them in the water and lift them out and then place them in the lockers... and put the lid on them. They slosh around a bit... but nothing major...

When you are done... Lift them up and dump them over the side.

Fill and empty faster than the Calabria system.

Fill and empty faster than any other ballast system on the market.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-16-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Sand bags. Buy them at the local hardware store. You can even fill them with dirt from your yard.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
I have also seen guys use canvas like bags... got to the beach... fill'em up and then put them in the boat... when they are done.. they dump them back on the beach... pretty simple... and definitely cheap.
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
start dating fat chicks. go down to the BBWA club nite and pic up some honeys 5 chicks at 275lbs= 1375 free ballast
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-18-2008, 7:15 PM Reply   
fat chicks... they'll probably even bring food and beer. and YOU KNOW they won't want to ride. I like the sand bag idea too as long as you can keep from getting sand all over the boat.
Old     (phall925)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-19-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
I have various aerator pumps and thru hull fittings brass elbows etc if you are interested. Just email me

phall at hhep dot com

Also I used a make a wake system in my old 99 205V and it worked pretty well

www.make-a-wake.com

(Message edited by phall925 on February 19, 2008)
Old     (cool232)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-19-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Charles, I have 4 bags from my old Hippo sysytem ,400lbs each I think. If interested email me