Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (air_master)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-27-2007, 2:28 PM Reply   
Hi guys! I am new to this website. I am new to the tow boats, but I am looking to purchase in the next few monthes and I have heard nothing but good things about the Sanger! Please let me know your opinions on this boat and what I can expect. Thank you for your info.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-27-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
If you are new to tow boats. I would say DEMO every boat that you can before making a decision.
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2007, 2:58 PM Reply   
550 hrs. on our V-210, not one problem. Solid boats with a great reputation that goes back to the mid '50s
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-27-2007, 4:12 PM Reply   
On my 3rd Sanger and will likely sell to upgrade to V230 next year.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
No, get the V237 next year so we can get some feedback not only that but it looks sick.

Scott, do a search and you'll see the love. I have one and just love it. I have an all new respect after she got me home through 8 miles of the worst water I have ever been on. Calling it chop wouldn't come close to covering it. I felt like I was in the perfect storm but she got me the wife and kids home. I was literally sore the next day from the ride back!
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-27-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
I have the v210 which has been a good boat but any more than 6 people you find it a little congested. I may move up to the v230 or v237 in a few years.

(Message edited by sangerlover on August 27, 2007)
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-27-2007, 7:56 PM Reply   
Scott, let me add this...
I've only known about and followed Wakeworld for a few months now, but I have observed this:

A constant MC vs BU fight going on, and they both seem to bash CC.

Tige', SC, MB, and Centurion also get their share of badmouthing from other brand owners.

But Sanger seems to never get any negative feedback, (except, of course, when Billy's havin' fun with the fact that Sanger still proudly uses wood stringers ...
I often read "you can't go wrong with a Sanger" well, I think you can't go wrong with any of the boats above... go out and demo, pick the one YOU like and enjoy!
Old     (madvlin)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-27-2007, 8:26 PM Reply   
I think it is the most boat for the money. If You are looking for an all around great craft go the v215 route. Or what ever you can afford. My v215 is my first tow boat and my budget was 40k they went well together
Old    bocephus            08-27-2007, 8:44 PM Reply   
Sanger was first on my list, but the local dealer really had a bad reputation so I ended up with a CC and an awesome dealer. Sanger has since switched dealers locally. Hell, I drove from Phoenix all the way to Madera, CA just for a test drive. They have a great rep in Scott Pellaton too, hell I don't even have a Sanger and he answers my emails!
Old     (bennygoodx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
Snager.
Old     (scott_nor_cal_syndicate)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2007, 2:32 PM Reply   
Scott,
I test drove many brands and kept coming back to Sanger..
Ended up with an 07' V-215 that we really love.
Not only does the boat perform like nothing else but it fit our budget as well. Everywhere we go people are always commenting on the boat. I even have two very stubborn friends who admitted that Our sanger rides much better than their own boats that they spent much more money on.
Have a look for yourself.
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=2743
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-28-2007, 6:45 PM Reply   
Scott^^^^ can you post some pictures of your stereo set up? I'm really just interested in the interior stuff not including the sub but I'd take a look at any of them. I have some extra polk db650's I have been trying to come up with a plan on and your set up may help. So if it's not to much trouble...
Old     (jdub)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-30-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
I researched, I read, I looked, I bought my 05' V230 and have loved every trip! Only thing I've replaced was a ballast pump. I think it's a small price to pay after reading these posts over the years of all the boat woes of others.
Old     (sbilyeu)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-31-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
I own an 06 V215. It's a great boat all around. I also have friends with much more expensive boats. They always comment on the great ride. It kicks a$$ in rough water and IMO has a good wake with the stock triple ballast. Throw even more weight in and watch out! I second that Scott Pelleton is a great rep and always has taken care of business. I have even delt with the factory and those guys are great too! If you already have your eyes on a Sanger, you won't be disappointed.
Old     (brownman)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-04-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
I'm relatively new here, but I have noticed a few things. Most of the folks that know what they're talking about always tell you to demo everything and not try to push the brand they own. That's solid advice.

Others are loyal to their brand and theirs is the best. Personally, I recently upgraded from a runabout to a wakeboard boat. I went strictly for value and quality. I looked at Moomba's, Centurions, tige's and Sanger. Demoed everything except the Moomba, and landed on an 06 Sanger V215. Dollar for dollar the best boat for me.

We love the wake, the company's customer service is great. We're really pleased with it and always get compliments on our boat at the dock. I would suggest you demo everything, but for me i don't see a $15-$20k difference in the wake/quality.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
not a wake boat but my old boat was a 1996 sanger 20dlx i have about 850 hours on it and agout 600 of those i ran 2500 lbs of weight in it and it seemed to hold up well. well made boat and i anly hade to fix the velvet drive twice(alot of weight in it) but a cheap fix.
Old     (sharkyvonmarks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-05-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
"SANGER" hands down the best boat for the buck you can't go wrong Scott Pellaton is one of a kind and has sooo much passion for his product.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       09-05-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
Upload

Grrrrr did you have a question about some boats?