Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 25, 2007

Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-01-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
Alright, I know there are a bunch of chevy guys out there with lift kits. I have an 06 Duramax I want to lift and I heard that the 6" RCD causes problems with the front end suspension. Any feedback?
Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-01-2007, 8:14 PM Reply   
SKYJACKER NUFF SAID
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-01-2007, 8:16 PM Reply   
Warranty VOID enough said!
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 8:18 PM Reply   
Pro-comp on mine
Old     (ryand121)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-01-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
I have an '02 F-350 with 12" of lift, but just out of curiosity, I've been looking around at alot of other lift companys on the market. One that I really like the look of is Rize Industries. Their kits look really well put together and I've read alot of really good things about them. Check them out at www.rizeind.com, and from a Ford guy to a Chevy guy, hope this helps.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Russ,

There are lots of great kits out there for chevy's. I just recently put a 6" Trailmaster on my truck. My 07 Duramax has 3400 Miles on it. And it does NOT VOID WARRANTY! Only if the lift directly contributes to the failed part then the warranty is void. Anyway the good ones out there are CST, Cognito, Rancho, Tuff Country, Fab Tech.. there is too many. Look for a spindle lift if any!

Peter.. read your info before spouting out with no reasoning to your comment.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-01-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Upload
forgot to add a pic
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-01-2007, 8:35 PM Reply   
Cognito Motorsports
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 8:52 PM Reply   
Russ, come over to www.dieselplace.com You will find tons of info there.

If money is no object, then CST is the best. No one will argue that. Cognito probably comes in second due to the way they set up their front end... but they nickle and dime you w/ the way their pricing is set-up. Their pricing on their site, DOES NOT include a rear end set-up... look to add another $500.

The spindle kits will push your front track width out further than your rear wheels. This is true w/ the RCD lift as well. However, RCD makes a VERY GOOD LIFT. You will hear alot of people bash other brands for specific reasons... however rarely do you hear anyone bash the RCD lifts. Actually RCD use to design the suspension systems for alot of off-road race teams. They know their stuff. The only thing you need to watch w/ the RCD kit is the backspacing on your wheels and your tire size.

In all honesty, all kits have their pro's and con's. There's really not a bad kit out right now. If your doing the lift yourself, you MIGHT want to stay away from any kits that do a full front diff drop, such as the Pro Comp and the one Superlift kit (there are 2). As the lifts can be harder to install than a spindle kit.

I guess Brent already adressed Russ's idiotic statement.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

I'm picking up a new 07' later this week, and am putting a Pro-Comp lift w/ 35's.

(Message edited by tanner on May 01, 2007)
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-01-2007, 9:40 PM Reply   
Brent... if thats not fortune mcmurray money i dont know what is.... haha
Old    mendo247            05-01-2007, 9:44 PM Reply   
Cognito

or

CST

NUFF SAID!

im debating if i want to lift mine but these are the ONLY 2 kits i would even consider installing on my new truck!
Old     (azwakbdr)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-01-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Great info! Really the only thing that I heard bad about the RCD was that it will eat up my tires quick. I was just confused that there were so many of the RCD lifts out there, how could they be bad?
Actually, the dealership I purchased my truck from wanted to throw one on for me. For the slightly overpriced tag of like $10,000. However paying this would warranty my lift by GM.
Brent, awesome Duramax!
Old     (wake_rookie)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-01-2007, 10:01 PM Reply   
GMC/Chevy dealer ship does say anything over 4" voids your warranty but Brent is correct and they have to prove the lift caused the problem. They will fight and argue with you over it. You maybe able to do a 4" lift then a body lift.

(Message edited by wake_rookie on May 01, 2007)
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-01-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
Brent, "it does NOT VOID WARRANTY! Only if the lift directly contributes to the failed part then the warranty is void."

So Brent where does your info come from? Mine comes directly from the dealer techs! So lets say you blow your engine...they can void your warranty because the bigger tires put undo stress on the drivetrain. With that goes any part attached to the drivetrain, including the suspension parts. That leaves the interior of the truck under warranty. If you think it can not be done, think again. I have seen it first hand. An oil saturated air filter can void all engine warranties too. Change anything in the driveline and there goes your transmission warranty. Changing from factory size wheels to larger voids your brake and suspension warranty.

It is up to the dealers discretion if they want to do the work under warranty or not. Remember they do not make full rate on warranty work.

Now a dealer installed lift kit will be covered by the installing dealer.
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
I have the RCD on my 1500HD and a friend has one his 2500HD D-Max, no problems from either, good experience for both of us.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
I laso have an RCD on my 1500, 6 in the front and 4 in the real... Now only if the Chevy parts were as reliable as the lift!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 10:36 PM Reply   
BTW, I recently had warranty work done on the truck and the warranty did not void anything.

They replaced the I beam (steering linkage) in the front, as well as the U join on the front end of the drive shaft. They also replaced the guage cluster and the 4WD switch on the dash... all covered by the GM PPG extended warranty.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 10:43 PM Reply   
Just now reading the post... never did my dealer (John L. Sullivan Roseville) even mention anything about my lift or 33 inch mud tires...

Oh, and my RCD does not cause the front tires to stick out futher than the rears. I also have 35K on the Pro Comp mud tires and they will easily last me till next winter so tire wear is not an issue either. The only thing I don't like about the set up is that my dash rattles at 25MPH due to the mud tires. I will either switch to the new toyo mud tires or a softer all terrain but I love the RCD lift.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-01-2007, 10:47 PM Reply   
I guess I should post a pic...
Upload
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-01-2007, 11:20 PM Reply   
Attila, they can do whatever they want when it comes to the warranty. It is up to the dealers discretion, but they do not have to warranty anything.

FWIW in an offroad rig you WANT the front track width wider. I built my FF HP 60 rear axle 4 inches shorter than the front on purpose. Most of these trucks are mall crawlers though
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2007, 7:32 AM Reply   
I guess a voided warranty could be handed down on anybody who changes from stock rims to 20's, 22's without even adding a lift to their vehicle. If this is an issue just ask your dealer what the repercussions are of lifting your vehicle. It will probably void your suspension portion but most quality lift kits come with a lifetime warranty. If your dealer voids the warranty of an engine for a minor mod they are probably a little anal. With a lot of extended warranties you don't even have to go to the dealer for repairs.
Lift that bad boy up!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2007, 8:07 AM Reply   
I've got 20's and 33 inch nito mud graplers and I haven't had any warranty issues yet. Oh yea no lift just turned the torsion bars.Upload
Upload
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2007, 11:02 AM Reply   
It is up to dealer discretion.. if one doesnt warrant it you go on to the next. Someone out there will take the business. It comes from GM anyway so there isnt worries.

Russ go to dieselplace.com and you will find everything and anything you need to know about lifts on chevy's! And anything else you want to do to your truck.

Blair---- ya were doin alright up here... too bad the lakes are still trying to thaw out.. should be ready by the weekend though and tryin to go out sunday.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
This info should help - Found at www.dieselplace.com

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links:

Consumers Bill of Rights - http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8123
What You Can Do If Your Warranty Is Denied - http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8124
Federal Warranty Laws - http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128
Vehicle Manufacturer Warranty Contact Phone Numbers http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8129
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-02-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
Donahoe Racing lifts get good reviews. I think their shock packages are made by Bilstein.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-02-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Go ahead and use SEMA as an example. It is kinda like Bush saying we went to war because of WMD. SEMA is all about the oil...errr after market parts.

I know what I have seen dealers do and not do, and my friends and I have repaired many vehicles that were denied their warranty due to after market "performace" parts. Especially transmission failures. Good luck!

If you are gonna lift it at least start with a 3/4 ton. Ask Aaron about tearing up rear ends, transmissions, and transcases on a 1/2 ton.

Edit: Yes I know the OP has at least a 3/4 ton.

(Message edited by Peter_C on May 02, 2007)
Old     (nuts4water)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-02-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
I have a RCD lift on my 2006 Duramax and have had no issues for 7000 miles and counting.
Old     (sikkvlx)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-03-2007, 12:03 AM Reply   
My warranty is voided?....DAMN IT!Upload
Old     (poserondubs)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-03-2007, 1:15 AM Reply   
WWW.FULLSIZECHEVY.COM

all questions answered!!!

DRew