Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old    awlang            01-16-2004, 7:48 AM Reply   
Anyone have any new info about The Gate? Likes? Dislikes? Cheapest prices? Etc...?
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-16-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
i am not sure but definately check out the kampus swing. it is outstanding.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-16-2004, 7:55 AM Reply   
sorry. in know that was not answering your question. did not meant to derail your thread
Old     (jonb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-16-2004, 3:16 PM Reply   
from what i hear it rides a lot smaller than it is. so if you like a bigger skate dont get it
Old    wakeskate247            01-16-2004, 5:58 PM Reply   
yea i got the gate last august and its really nice, it says its a 114 but thats with the kicktails, so the rail lenght is much shorter, im guessing around 95cm's. tracks well with fin, i ride without a fin easyer for shuv-its and surface spins. the extra kicktail is ingenious and i think its the greatest thing to hit wakeskating yet, snaps outta the water really easy. Only disadvantage is the kicktails arent wide wide enough and when i land on them water catches my toes and pulls my back foot off.
Old    awlang            01-17-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
I have alot of trouble jumping the wake and doing ollies. I have a Platinum 114. Would the Gate help me with those because of the kick-tails?
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-17-2004, 12:05 PM Reply   
Adam, ultimately it's practice that will help you with your ollies and wake jumps. I learned how to do all of the basics (wake jumps, shoves, ollies, etc) on a flat deck, and the first kickflips were done on flats (in fact, some of the popular tricks nowadays were done on cutdown wakeboards). Needless to say, there isn't a magical board that will make any of these things easier--it's all about practice.
Old    wakeskate247            01-17-2004, 7:54 PM Reply   
Right on electricsnow, i learned everything on hyperlite scape 112, and once you know how to do the trick then upgrading to different boards can add to your style and have small improvements on the technical side, but everything is practice and you should fully just stick with it and remember that its supposed to be fun not a chore to wakeskate, some of the best riders ive seen dont do the best tricks but have the most fun.
Old    warlock00            01-19-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
I think it is harder to land W2Ws on the gate rather than the scape. Once you get use to riding the gate it is nice, but there is a learning curve or at least there was for me.
Old    motoxxx02            01-19-2004, 8:02 PM Reply   
I got a question ? what is a gate ?
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-20-2004, 7:47 AM Reply   
Check it out Cody. Notice how the tail and nose flip up.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Skates/getboard5.asp?ProductID=2108

Old    motoxxx02            01-20-2004, 3:17 PM Reply   
oh... thats pretty bad, thanks i wasnt sure what u guys were talking about
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
cody b said it, toe drag on landings. it rides good but not as consistant as my cassette. also had the front kicktail bury itself on a few landings. there is a flat spot at the start of the kicktails that plows water.
Old    xtremebordgurl            02-03-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
does the concave really add much to your guys' riding? cause I have a flat deack right now an I luv it, but I think in a couple months it'll be worn out. Shoul I upgrade to a concave deck? Is it worth the extra dollars?
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2004, 11:17 PM Reply   
I'd say upgrade. Concave's are really nice to ride.