Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 03, 2009

Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-30-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
Ok so I rode a trip last season and loved it, I bought the ronix kai mana set up and just don't like it. It's slow and all but it's not really what I have a problem with. It's way to grippy and I can't break it loose easily and mess around on it like I could my trip.
Also this sounds crazy but I've lost a foot off my ollie on the mana and I don't even know whats up with that especially with adam errington ollieing higher than anyone.
So to confirm my difficulties I hopped on the trip today and had a blast, such a fun loose shape and my ollie has never been higher.

So instead of making the logical decision to get a new trip (I outgrew mine) I wanna go with cwb. I rode my friends 09 faction bindings the other day and I loved them, I missed the open toe feeling and they were super comfortable and were so easy to get on and off. So I'm looking at two boards in the cwb line that might be comparable or a nice transition from the trip which are the faction and the kink.
I've ridden last years kink and I liked it a lot, It felt a lot like the trip in my opinion and was a fun and pretty loose shape.
I wanna also consider the faction though as it is a continuous rocker and the fins look about the same size and placement as the trip. The only problem I see with faction is the 138 seems too small but the 144 just seems massive.

So that was kind of rambly but I would appreciate any opinions on the matter especially those of you with experience with two of the boards mentioned above.