Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
When I go to make a wkae to wake jump I only get about a fppt of air and land close to (almost on top ) of the other wake what am i doing wrong? Is it easier with a tower?
Old                07-25-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
You have to learn the meaning of a progressive edge. Watch videos.

Don't try to jump the wake with speed. That only leads to low jumps and bad crashes.

The tower will not make a difference without a progressive edge pop.

Old     (wake2wake103)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-25-2003, 5:13 PM Reply   
What will the pop feel like? will I know if i've ha one?
Old                07-30-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
cut out and when your coming back in lean back against the rope then explode out from a bent knee position and straighten your legs. Remember to look all the way across the wake.
Old                08-13-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Daniel - you sound like.....nevermind haha. What you need to do is use leverage. Stand tall from the beginning. Start an easy edge and advance it only slightly. Likely you are turning hard then flattening out and using the wake as a ramp - not a pop at all. You can tell if you are on edge properly if you feel a strong pull on the rope all of the way through the wake (loading the line). Dont go out far when learning this - 10 feet away from the wake is fine. It is weird and requires a lot of concentration on holding the edge (remember the pull on the rope) and keeping your legs straight. When you get good at it you can bend your legs if you need to but they must be locked out at the top of the wake.
Old                08-28-2003, 5:17 PM Reply   
Woah totally weird I'm prolly jsut as good as you at boarding and we have the exact same name! Thats insane. Ive cleared the wake a few times now and before i was starting my cut to fast and slowing down at the end plus i wasnt even popping, if u combine them all it works out fine! Good luck!