Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       09-08-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
looks like slingshot has created their first strap bindings, and the rads and all reflex, response and recoil model is shown
Attached Images

Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-08-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
To say the least, I'm not at all a fan of that response graphic and the other ones aren't doing a whole lot for me either
Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       09-08-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
the rads plus that blank looking white board look like a pretty clean setup though, if u like that sleek look, but i dont know if the white board is just to show emphasis on the strata system
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       09-08-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
are they full wood cores or still foam/wood?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2010, 12:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears View Post
are they full wood cores or still foam/wood?
pretty sure they are fully wood cores. no more foam. but i only base this from the pictures and the specs and descriptions from the kiteboard(s) for 2011.
check-->
http://www.powerkiteshop.com/surf/slingshotlunacy08.htm

also from the kiteboard description in the link it sounds like the rails will be the skateboard wheel material and not abs or other high density plastic.

the reflex has two channels on each end too that mellow out to toward the belly (again judging from other pics)
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-09-2010, 12:04 AM Reply   
the three strap boot is interesting. first open toe for slingshot wake too. i wonder if that is the "Option Boot" that was mentioned on rare occasions that was originally scheduled for 2010 release with the R.A.D.s
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-09-2010, 12:14 AM Reply   
Those look so sick! (IMO) Really like what they went for!
Old    mojo            09-09-2010, 12:34 AM Reply   
company pro boards, and integrity wakeskates(who presses them) use urethane 91a i think. as far as i know integrity developed it for boards' rails. i would say it's a plus for their boards if they use it this year.
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-09-2010, 4:24 AM Reply   
i love these.....great new look. good job
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-09-2010, 4:28 AM Reply   
hm, i really hope these aren't the final designs... the 2010 designs were so much better...
Old     (Gears)      Join Date: May 2010       09-09-2010, 4:48 AM Reply   
Think they are only for the slide system boards these graphics
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-09-2010, 5:27 AM Reply   
OMG those look soooooo bad! Looks like someone threw up on a wakeboard.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-09-2010, 6:26 AM Reply   
I think these graphics are much better than the 2010 Recoil graphics. Definitely not following the theme that seems to dominate wakeboard graphics. But I always cared more about how the board rides and not so much how the graphics look.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-09-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
I am trying to sell my 2010 recoil if anyone is interested its in the classifieds very cheap and almost brand new
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
holy acid trip

barf.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2010, 12:20 PM Reply   
I cannot believe that a company like Slingshot would have the audacity to bring out something so unique and outside-the-mainstream. I believe such originality and risk-taking has no place within the sport of wakeboarding. Serious athletes that we are, do we really want to be associated with originality and risk-taking? I think not.

Since my personal opinion is so important, I would have liked them to go with some retro-new wave geometric designs in blue and pink, because that style was so awesome in the early 80s, and I have not gotten nearly enough of it since it came back around in 2008.

Keep it between the white lines, both hands on the wheel, ten and two. Do not rock the boat. Conform.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-09-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
And while they're at it, I think they should incorporate something about "hammers being thrown down," since that has become such an original thing to say.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-09-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
I love them, look great to me. Something different.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
Being unique is one thing. Straight ugly is another.

White one in the back looks nice.

Going to be hard for sponsored riders to put their other sponsors' stickers in a easily viewable and identifiable place on most of those, at least Recoil looks like Reef, but McKee rides the Response...
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-09-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
Does it look like they went to a recessed Burton style binding system?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-09-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
I cant wait to ride that new setup!! Definately different but I like that about SS. Even if you did drop a hammer on those boards, I bet they wouldnt break!!!!
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-09-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dococ View Post
I cannot believe that a company like Slingshot would have the audacity to bring out something so unique and outside-the-mainstream. I believe such originality and risk-taking has no place within the sport of wakeboarding. Serious athletes that we are, do we really want to be associated with originality and risk-taking? I think not.

Since my personal opinion is so important, I would have liked them to go with some retro-new wave geometric designs in blue and pink, because that style was so awesome in the early 80s, and I have not gotten nearly enough of it since it came back around in 2008.

Keep it between the white lines, both hands on the wheel, ten and two. Do not rock the boat. Conform.
Conform' Conform' Conform' keep within the white lines... Worldz gonna end in 2012!!!! nice one... seems like that from time to time with regards to dropin new products and tech... Nice quote!

First thing that would help would be to have a bit better photo then a I-phone shot, to diss from... From those its hard to tell what's really up... So getting dizzy from them could make sense... hA! These shots from my little powershot should do the trick... The only thing is they still have the Virgin P-Wrap "VPW" for Expo so there my be a little back shine from that... But the depth and colors should pop! Plus since its more of a story type graphic layout; I've focused on some highlights of the board.

2011 SS Wake is dropping soon and for those going to Surf Expo; You'll be the first ones to really check out what we have brought to the market this year! And even some bouns boards...? You really have to touch it and check it out up close a personal to get the full story... Its not hype...

*Don't come knockin if the boats rockin!!
Attached Images

Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-09-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Being unique is one thing. Straight ugly is another.

White one in the back looks nice.

Going to be hard for sponsored riders to put their other sponsors' stickers in a easily viewable and identifiable place on most of those, at least Recoil looks like Reef, but McKee rides the Response...
There is room on the deck to put your sponsors' stickers on.. Just be a little creative and and maybe some bold or eye popin colors and it should all all work out fine and you'll get paid.. Sponsor riders from everywere can now breath a huge sye of relief...
Attached Images

Old     (snoopy1173)      Join Date: May 2010       09-09-2010, 4:57 PM Reply   
slingshot: any pics of the new bindings, other than the rad boots and the 3 strap open toe bindings, which look really interesting. Is the liner the rap around like the lf vantage, or does it have a tongue in the front stly like the liners, for like the d2's and what not had?
Old     (drewproses)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-09-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
I think the new graphics look pretty cool. Definitely different than other board graphics.
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-09-2010, 5:10 PM Reply   
...why does the response look so different to the others? and what about the white one?
Old     (jhebert)      Join Date: May 2007       09-09-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
I really like the looks of the new boards...........One thing i find ironic though.......the strata system, didnt slingshot come up with their own bolt pattern and bindings at first to aid in the flex of the board ? What does having two long, rigid aluminum channels do for flex ? I sure hope company doesnt switch to the tracks
Old     (hoss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-09-2010, 9:56 PM Reply   
the sickest looking boards iv ever seen!
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-12-2010, 5:07 AM Reply   
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/sur...010-slingshot/
Old     (fleming)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-12-2010, 9:32 AM Reply   
I also really like the look of these. something different for a change, as opposed to wake companies copying snowboard graphics or playing trends out for a few years too long.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-12-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
I have an old slingshot board that I like but like the idea of those 3 strap binding but guess what I bought into this Revolutionary 4 hole mounting system and now I can't put their new binding son my board if I want to and that BLOWS.

Some of us can't spend money every year to get new boards and bindings. Now I want new bindings but cant buy them for my board so now it looks like I will just have to save some more money and buy a complete setup from a DIFFERENT COMPANY.
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-14-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
Any details on the "entry level" board? The Choice? Also, I agree that the Response graphic is not up to par with the others, which are finally a breath of fresh air for wakeboarding graphics.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-14-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Jon, they brought their entire product offering in line with the industry standard. While it may suck for the few people with the original SS boards, you gotta admit, far fewer people are getting the shaft by them making their gear compatible with everything else in the industry.
Old    mojo            09-14-2010, 2:22 PM Reply   
their 4 hole boots suck anyway. i agree, now you can use virtually all other companies boots w/ the boards. and since they have a WIDE base plate it won't affect flex.
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-14-2010, 2:44 PM Reply   
i dont know about u guys but i have a 09 and 10 response and the choice, tip and tail look identical to the tip and tails of the 09 response. i think the choice is the same exact shape as the 09 response. Im just guessing though
Old     (kitewake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-14-2010, 7:09 PM Reply   
Not impressed with the RAD boots. I know of a few sources that still have new D2's in the box. I guess I will try to buy up all the ones I can in my size....
Old    mojo            09-14-2010, 11:20 PM Reply   
i understand the rad boots since slingshot likes to cater to winchers and cable riders and it's very similar to ronix' baseless boot, in shell design, but to me removable liners hinder the fit and feel of boots. depending on your most used application i can see the merits, but as a 99.9% boat rider i like liners that don't come out. the actually mounting base is such an old design. is it a 6" base?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-15-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
the choice does look like the ol' response shape. i wonder if it will come in smaller sizes for kids/smaller peeps sense it is "entry level"

I for one love removable liners. mainly so i can pull them out for more efficient drying.
it kinda makes it easier for heat molding (which i don't really like to do personally, but others do) and your feet can stay in them when it is cold till you get in the boat. and of course the winch and cable thing too... which i don't do either

I can only guess the plates are 6 inch by judging how close the bolts will be to the foot/ outside of binding. i think j-star and gator use the older style of mounting holes on the binding plates too and i believe they are 6inch too
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
what changed with the Response if the Choice is it's old shape?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-16-2010, 11:36 PM Reply   
2010 the tip and tail shape changed on the response. it is a bit more rounded. the older shape was less rounded, kinda like a diamond with more pronounced angles.

on a side note, a similar thing happened with the recoil, where slight changes were made to the tip and tail. 2009 SS shaved the corners of the tip and tail
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       09-20-2010, 4:17 AM Reply   
these things are f-in insane....i love it
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-23-2010, 4:11 PM Reply   
other good angles 2 stoke the SS FIRE...
Attached Images

Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-23-2010, 4:13 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (BigTEX)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-23-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
love the lineup for this year
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-23-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Damn those velco binders looks gooooood
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-23-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
what explains the darker brown strips down the length of the board? 2 pairs close to the corners.?

thanks for the picture post. very nice to see everything
Old     (jdoyle25)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-23-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
i was thinking about getting a sling shot board for next season and was just wondering if someone could answer a question for me...do the boards ding up around the edges...ive hit a few nails/screws at the local cable park and not trying to buy a new board every year.
Old    mojo            09-23-2010, 9:08 PM Reply   
those are stringers
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-23-2010, 10:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoyle25 View Post
i was thinking about getting a sling shot board for next season and was just wondering if someone could answer a question for me...do the boards ding up around the edges...ive hit a few nails/screws at the local cable park and not trying to buy a new board every year.
There new boards will not have a problem dinging up because they use polyurethane edges which is basically a skateboard wheel. I've never dinged up a skateboard wheel... the new boards are going to be better than ever this year. With the old ones, if you ever got a ding, you could file them down most of the time.

I got a chance to ride the 2011 reflex this past weekend and the wood core makes the board much lighter, more responsive, and about the same flex if not a little stiffer than past years. The RAD bindings are really comfortable, simple to use, and the bootie fits inside the binding perfect so your foot will not move around. The RAD's are sized weird though, I wear a size 10 shoe, size 10 Slingshot D2's but a size 8 with the RAD's. Also tried out the Option bindings, comparing them to Liquid Force's similar bindings, they are not as clunky so you can get them tighter easier, and the velcro straps are replaceable in case they start to go bad on you.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2010, 12:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
those are stringers
stringers, yes, but of what. they stand out really well and are seen on the top and bottom, just kinda trippy and got me currious. it adds to the look too which is nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_rock32 View Post
the velcro straps are replaceable in case they start to go bad on you.
It's about time someone made boots with replaceable straps. how long have we been asking for such a simple thing since the first vantages? ...with that said, i think i remember hearing the cwb aa boot for 2011 will have replaceable straps.

sounds like i will for sure be trying these boots (R.A.D.s) first before buying...next road trip, after they come out.
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-24-2010, 3:01 AM Reply   
i'm wondering about the ballistics' advantages. Could they be better for doing inverts (cable), cause of the stiffer core?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-24-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
I really like the new look of their boards. Hoping the Rad bindings are as good as advertised, I'm in the market for new bindings before next season
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-24-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
The stringers are Fur. To help with stiffness, flex, and control. The rest of the layup is out of a tree farm that grows Columbian Gold Poplar. Tree farm 65 miles east of Hood River. All materials are sourced within the US. Even the aluminum Track system is from Portland, Or.

The Ballistic series will have similar construction but will be running a carbon wrap near the rails. You can see that carbon as the black 3" line running tip to tail on those boards.

These wrap will help add stiffness, freakish rebound, flex, and be about as bomber as you can get...

The Ballistic series will also have different rocker profiles. The Hooke has a rickTER aggressive 3 stage... Looks so sick!!! Haven't rode any of the BS, so only tech and personal view about what the technology advantages lead to - via logic and exp.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-24-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Pacific Northwest materials eh? Does that mean its beaver fur? Maybe elk? Obviously the type of fur makes a difference in the ride. If I could get a custom deck, I'd want one with wolverine fur, I could ride super aggressive and it would be good. If you used wolverine fur you might not even need the carbon strip. Could you imagine the pop of grizzly bear fur?!?!
Old     (pacifichigh)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-24-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Trimmed Fur is the best ride
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
thanks for the run down flexnwake
really kool that everything about the boards are from U.S.A.
Old    mojo            09-24-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
i second that. thanks for supporting the usa. definitely thinking a reflex is my next board.
Old     (roymunson1)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-27-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
whats going on with the new boots? no 4-hole connection point anymore? any pics of the hardware? just concerned about heel and toe lift. seems like the 4-hole pattern would be alot more rigid than this years new design...
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-27-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
No 4 hole 4 2011. Industry did not adopt it as much as we might have hope for.. Great concept and design for sure! Sometimes you just to ahead of the game... AH! It will be missed... But with that. Slingy wake did there work and was well aware of the standard 2 hole. WIth that in mind they did whatever was possible to prevent that but still have flex in the boot with a baseless system with molded in support from heel to toe. Been on the R.A.D for about 3 months and they are sweet! Even the liners...

Trimmed Fur

Last edited by flexnwake; 09-27-2010 at 4:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-28-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
LOVE the graphics on the newton, hooke, and kine! Kine is my fav. I like the clear base too that shows the core of the board. Don't know about this track system... :/ I was a fan of the 4 hole. But I guess time will tell
Old     (tenniswiz37)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-28-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
cant wait
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-28-2010, 1:08 PM Reply   
That Hooke is DOPE
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-28-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
I love slingshot.
Old     (woawake)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-29-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Is the response the same shape as 2010?
Old     (Luker)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-29-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by woawake View Post
Is the response the same shape as 2010?
Yeah its flat on the bottom just like last years hahahaha
Old     (911)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2010, 10:37 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S57nx_zrJ-Q#t=6m49s
finally some channels

Last edited by 911; 09-29-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-30-2010, 3:22 AM Reply   
Why a board need channel? My 2010 Recoil doesn't have any channel and any other ride as good as this on the water! Just fats enough, ultra solid edge and loose like a wakeskate if you want! I don't want channels on my Recoil... I don't want another board, that's it!
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-30-2010, 3:23 AM Reply   
... fast enough! Sorry!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-30-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlap View Post
... fast enough! Sorry!
Depending on the depth, width and length of the channels, it could speed it up or more than likely slow it down. They say its for grip, so guessing without testing, the channeled version of the board would be a little slower...... some people like that, some people don't. Some people want more grip, some don't. Probably why they gave you both options.
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-30-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
Did you ever ride a Slingshot? I mean... It doesn't need anymore grip. The edge is solid as ice skates! So much fun to play with! I think they did it to bring some new riders who are not so much interest by flex boards like Slingshot... to much different than classical boards. A stiffer board with channels on a Slingshot construction could be interesting for them! For me, the 2010 Recoil is the top of the evolution... nothing is gonna ride better than this machine! Try one!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-30-2010, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredlap View Post
Did you ever ride a Slingshot? I mean... It doesn't need anymore grip. The edge is solid as ice skates! So much fun to play with! I think they did it to bring some new riders who are not so much interest by flex boards like Slingshot... to much different than classical boards. A stiffer board with channels on a Slingshot construction could be interesting for them! For me, the 2010 Recoil is the top of the evolution... nothing is gonna ride better than this machine! Try one!
Yeah, spent plenty of time on a slingshot and I never ride with fins either, boat or cable. I'm sure you're very correct in the reasons or at least some of the reasons why they did it. As it usually boils down to "different strokes for different folks". As with most companies, you got to try to appeal to a big a market as possible while keeping up your standards of what you think is the best product for the job.
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-05-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
http://www.slingshotsports.com/ shows up the new stuff... unfortunatelly there are only two sizes of hooke, newton and kine :-(