Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 06, 2005

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
here she is finally. not the best pic, but there should be more surfacing the next few days. Looks like the front of a 210 with the rear of the 211 or 226
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-19-2005, 12:55 PM Reply   
uh, where's the pic?
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2005, 12:57 PM Reply   
sorry it was too big I'm working on resizing it right now
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Here is the picture:
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3854

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
thanks Luke, don't have the right software at work. damn computers
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Here is the pic that was posted on PlanetNautique:

(Message edited by cryptic22 on August 19, 2005)
Old    nautiquejeff            08-19-2005, 1:07 PM Reply   
Super Air Nautique 220
You saw it first from PlanetNautique!

Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-19-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   

there are a ton more up now at the above link, interior shots and all.

(Message edited by sperbet on August 19, 2005)

(Message edited by sperbet on August 19, 2005)
Old    bruky__            08-19-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
Wasn't the blue/black 210 in the land of Oz a few weeks ago? Or were the Oz pictures from the states?
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-19-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
The interior pics from planet nautique remind me of a session boat.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2005, 7:40 PM Reply   
I like the focus on rear facing seating. Not sure how is all works, but it looks very interesting.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2005, 12:20 AM Reply   
not a fan.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-20-2005, 12:39 AM Reply   
Cool rear faced seating.
Still clamshell storage access.
Still tower lines different from window.
Lots of cockpit space but somewhat cramped.
Super deep interesting "sculpted" transom.

(Message edited by greatdane on August 20, 2005)
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-20-2005, 2:56 AM Reply   
The hull from the window back looks like a Session also. The interior is kinda funky like the Session 22XI, which I'm not big on. And the transom looks mighty familar as well (once again Session.)

(Message edited by jeff359 on August 20, 2005)

(Message edited by jeff359 on August 20, 2005)
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-20-2005, 5:40 AM Reply   
CC finally got rid of the clamshell observer seat that went all of the way to the floor! The clamshell seat in the back is definitely an innovative idea, I love it! The stadium seating is a good option (borrowed from Supra and Tige). The storage in the sundeck is cool (again borrowed from the Supra 24v). The interior is nice & deep and looks plush overall.

One of the best things about a large boat is they give you the ability to stretch out your legs & lounge around…however; if you inundate the interior with “innovative stuff” you lose that ability.

The little storage box that is aft of the observer’s seat limits anyone sitting there from fully stretching out their legs & resting them on the seat on that side of the boat.

The back seat of the interior blows my mind...it looks like a digression towards the runabout days of the mid 80’s where seats were wedged beside engine boxes on I/Os. But even worse than the look is the lack of function. Anyone sitting in the back corner of the boat is forced to have their hips, legs & feet pointing forward because of that notched back seat...they will be all twisted up if they want to watch the rider… If the seat were straight across rather than notched (like most boats), you could comfortably sit perpendicular to the wake and watch the rider without breaking your neck. It also cuts into storage capacity in the rear storage lockers.

The scalloped transom is interesting. Why would you do that? I think it is safe to assume that anyone capable of participating in water sports is capable of climbing into the back of a boat without the assistance of those baby steps. While it adds sexy lines to the boat, it takes away from storage in the rear compartments. I know it isn’t much, but with the general consensus that the 210 needed more storage, why would you cut corners on that aspect when this boat may end up being its replacement?

If you combine the lines of the back seat with the scalloped transom, you are rewarded with a tiny sundeck. Okay, I have to admit I personally don’t use the sundeck. For me it serves one purpose: a place for women to hang out. Women love to catch rays on the sun deck, why in God’s name would limit that ability?

The swivel board racks are an afterthought…a bolt on. On a boat of this caliber, you would expect them to be integrated into the tower. If Supra and MC had the foresight and ingenuity to come up with a solution, why can’t CC? If it is a patent thing, then pay the extra bucks...just like CC forced everyone else to do for using a tower design similar to theirs...

Finally, can somebody tell me what is with the square corners on the upholstery? A couple of years back, everyone flamed Moomba when they released the XLV & LSV with the same square corners. The general consensus was that you got what you paid for and that was a way to cut costs on an average boat. I am assuming this boat is gonna be a couple bucks more than a Moomba, wouldn’t you expect rounded corners for comfort?
Old     (alo)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-20-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
I heard CC was working on getting rid of the trough, can anyone verify?
Old     (nautigirls)      Join Date: Dec 2000       08-20-2005, 10:38 AM Reply   
does anyone know the spec's of the 220?

Thanks
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-20-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
No longer is it Nautique by correct craft, it is now Nautique by Session. The interior looks very square and not very plush. The top 1/2 of the tower looks like its not designed to match the bottom, I really don't like the look from the side profile. Love the engine vents on the side. The side profile of the hull is very pretty & I like the cab forward type cabin layout but the rest of the boat is so strange. Its bizzare that the company which in the past has such timeless classic style boats puts this out.
I much prefer the direction Supra is going with the 24ssv interior. I'm pretty disappointed.

Hows this for a graphics option tho?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-20-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
does anyone else think the location on the trailer wheels is a little strange?
Old    zboomer            08-20-2005, 9:00 PM Reply   
The interior is nothing short of hidious. I wouldn't give that boat even a bit of consideration. Like someone mentioned, it's a dead ringer for lame-ass I/O's from the 80's. What the hell were they thinking, damn.

Will Nautique ever make a seat with a cushion over 2" thick? I think a new Moomba is more plush that that looks.

I guess 210 sales will keep going... I know I'd take a 210 over that thing any day, wow. I am very disappointed, I was hoping it would be a bigger 210, no such luck,
Old    airpete            08-20-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
how about the wake ????
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-20-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
I got to climb on an '06 Nautique yesterday, I forgot the model but it had that new tower on it. I was not a fan, it's huge! I'm not really sure of the purpose, other than you can hang more stuff on it. And the racks have some cheap-looking air nautique graphic in them. I'm a bigger fan of the '05's. Not sure I like the direction they are going.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-21-2005, 1:02 AM Reply   
See the picture with the cooler in the storage behind the observer seat -- why would anyone want to put a cooler in there? Is that just to illustrate the size of the space? Or, is this suggesting that you can put your cooler in there since there is NO floor space and no built-in cooler within the boat?
Old     (jeffry)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-21-2005, 9:25 AM Reply   
How much for a loaded one?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-21-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
How much for a loaded one?

scientists haven't been able to count that high yet.
Old     (timber)      Join Date: May 2004       08-21-2005, 12:17 PM Reply   
From what I have heard, There about 3 k more than a 210. A loaded one will be aorund 65k OTD, depends on where you live.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-21-2005, 2:54 PM Reply   
It seems like the tower is lower than before, is that possible? I like what they did with the bottom half of the new tower but I'm not sure about the top half. Overall I'm not feelin' it. I know the purpose of the snap in carpet but it looks cheap.
about the only thing I like so far is the storage area above the engine.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
Engine storage thing is clever. I like snap in carpet. Semi-clamshell is an improvement. Will have to see the rear gull-wing storage things in person.

And well, since I RAN OUT OF POSITIVE things to say, I will stop there...

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
At the show, that one was advertised at 57,9. Not too bad for a TE if you asked me. The cooler behind the observer seat also has a door in the walkway to access it. There is a cooler under the little "armrest" on the passenger side also. It can be removed completely as well. The stadium seat is a cool addition as is the small hatch over the engine to throw small things or towels into. It's a built in towel warmer for those cool mornings. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for all around utility, but we need some pics of the wake too.
Old    stillstandin            08-22-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Yuck
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
Some people say the same thing about Liverwurst too. Check out the Planet Nautique link. There are lots of photos both inside and out. Some of them do make the interior look cluttered, but overall I think it should be a contender in it's market.

Eric
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-22-2005, 4:12 PM Reply   
if its market is people who only have 3-4 riding buddies that only drink a 12 pack between them (tiny cooler) whose local nautique dealership is sold out of 210s, then they hit their mark well.

what, now, is CC's flagship wakeboat, and why does it still have a ski pole on it?

that being said im sure it will probably sell out.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-23-2005, 8:18 AM Reply   
Thats one ugly ass boat.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2005, 10:12 AM Reply   
Wow, Shocking News Alert

"Mastercraft owners think it's ugly and hate it" More at 11....

Dane hates it, but Dane hates everything.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2005, 10:26 AM Reply   
What a lame theory that all people are brand freaks.

Personally, I love the 210, have 3 friends with 210s and ride behind them all the time. Had a very hard time making up my mind between the 210 and the X2.

But as awesome as the 210 is, most of the 220's features don't look very interesting to me.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-23-2005, 11:36 AM Reply   
It would take more than Nautique goggles to make that a good looking boat.
No doubt cc will sell alot of them though, too bad Sessions boats didn't put a Nautique sticker on the side of theirs. LOL.
Old    airpete            08-23-2005, 11:50 AM Reply   
Update regarding the 220 wake - rumor mill says the wake is better than the 210
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
Phil, bite yourself.

I have not said I hate this boat.

Here are my three posts in blue:

I like the focus on rear facing seating. Not sure how is all works, but it looks very interesting.

Cool rear faced seating.
Still clamshell storage access.
Still tower lines different from window.
Lots of cockpit space but somewhat cramped.
Super deep interesting "sculpted" transom.

See the picture with the cooler in the storage behind the observer seat -- why would anyone want to put a cooler in there? Is that just to illustrate the size of the space? Or, is this suggesting that you can put your cooler in there since there is NO floor space and no built-in cooler within the boat?

And, BTW, I was over the top positive about the new MC X2. If you read non CC threads.
Old    stillstandin            08-23-2005, 12:06 PM Reply   
If you drive that boat, you have to play "Baby got back" as loud as you can. That boat has some junk in the trunk...
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-23-2005, 12:25 PM Reply   
"Mastercraft owners think it's ugly and hate it" More at 11....

I don't think you have to be an MC owner to hate that crapper.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-23-2005, 1:03 PM Reply   
Wow, I was wrong.

The Tri Hull looking X-Star and new X-2 must be the best wakeboarding boat!

Because the 220 has...
Clamshell seats
Tower lines different from the window
Cockpit space cramped
Interesting transom
No floorspace and no built in coolers

All sounds like you like it.

BTW, I did read your rave about the X2 and how Mastercraft had another winner. Just proves my point from earlier.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-23-2005, 1:09 PM Reply   
The only thing proven here is:

Phil has CC ownership goggles on tight!
Old     (fyrdawg)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
Call me crazy but the big bananna's interior looks very uncomfortable and ugly as hell.
Old     (wakebrdrnc)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-23-2005, 1:48 PM Reply   
I got to see the 220 in person in Raleigh this past weekend. What a sweet boat. CC stepped it up this time!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-23-2005, 2:00 PM Reply   
uh oh, first eye witness and he is not a CC owner
Old     (retrofridge)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2005, 6:58 PM Reply   
Session vs. 220 which one would you pick? Based on looks alone.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-23-2005, 7:53 PM Reply   
Retro,I don't know, I kinda like the tower of the session better
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-24-2005, 11:30 AM Reply   
220...personally I can't get past the goofy sit on the transom seats of the session. I think there are a lot of similarities in the addons, but I like the design of the 220 better. As a side note, Planet Nautique was asked to remove the sticker price photo. Interesting move!!!

Eric
Old    dholio            08-24-2005, 4:27 PM Reply   
The difference in price is less than 4,000 between the 210 and 220. So it isn't out of this world. Psudy and dane, I don't care for the way your two boats look and drive either but I gave them a fair chance before I made any comments (actually drove and rode behind them). Pretty sure neither of you have even seen this boat in person so I would keep the negative comments to yourself until you have actually seen/driven it first hand.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-24-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
OK. Sure. I will seek DLJ approval on any post with an opinion towards CC from here forward!

BTW, it does not bother me if you have an oppinion towards the BU that I own. Its just a boat. A possesion. I am not emotionally invested.

(Message edited by greatdane on August 24, 2005)
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-24-2005, 6:05 PM Reply   
This is hilarious.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-24-2005, 6:13 PM Reply   
The boat is just plain sic! I dont know what you guys are talking about. That deep hull and seating arrangement is going to make for the biggest damn wakes you will ever see. I am willing to bet that they are bigger than the 210. Any takers? The seating setup is great. I wish I had 60 to blow right now.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-24-2005, 6:37 PM Reply   
the seating arrangement is going to make the wakes bigger?

big doesn't necessarily imply good. I see large tankers making big wakes.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-24-2005, 7:04 PM Reply   
That seating is poorly designed. I suppose it is OK if you take out that giant seat in the center of the boat that you see in the first picture. But where do you put it in the boat if you take it out? You cannot easily move around in the boat with that in the way.

I have a friend with a 226 that I've been in multiple times, and the funny transom is actually one of my favorite features. It actually is kind of 'ergonomically' designed.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-26-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Talltige, the seat is one of those movable stadium seats. It normally is the center section of the rear seat, but you can move it to the center to create more rearfacing seating. I think steping over or around it would be a pain when it's set up that way too.

Eric
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-26-2005, 8:19 AM Reply   
The tower looks like its been squashed, dont like it at all. Flame on.
Old    swass            08-26-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
"does anyone else think the location on the trailer wheels is a little strange?"

That's exactly what I was thinking. Kinda makes sense since it's a v-drive (most of the weight is in the back).
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-26-2005, 8:36 AM Reply   
DJL, It is my OPINION that the boat is ugly. I am not attacking anyone. If you don't like the looks of mine(I am pretty sure you have never seen it) that is ok with me. I would never drive or take the time to sit in a boat that I was not interested in. If you like the boat, power to you. Don't take it so personally. I am not a fan of the new MC either. My next boat will probably be an BU LSV. If you don't like that one either, that is ok with me.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-26-2005, 9:03 AM Reply   
"does anyone else think the location on the trailer wheels is a little strange?"

That's exactly what I was thinking. Kinda makes sense since it's a v-drive (most of the weight is in the back).

I would think that with the wheels that far back it would put alot more weight than neccesar on your tow vehicle. But then again if you are running huge wheels and low profile tires on your trailer you would want to get as much weight off of them as possible. I just dont understand the reasoning behind this trailer other than it looks cool.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-26-2005, 9:15 AM Reply   
I have a feeling they are right underneath the boat's center of gravity. You want to put as little Downward pressure on your trailer hitch as possible, they are only rated for a downward force of less than 1000 lbs, and most hitches are rated between 4-6 thousand Gross trailer weight. The load really needs to be balanced over the wheels.

It also looks a bit funny because the bow area is shorter due to the driver location and windshield being pushed forward on this model.
Old     (bigjackamo)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-26-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
Correct Craft does not make thier own trailers. I would bet this trailer is a one off custom job just for the intorduction of this boat. I dont think you would want to put too many miles on a low profile tire. I'm sure the trailers that will be matched up with the boats, Ram-lin, Boatmate, Prestige, Dorsey or whatever will not look like this.