Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-16-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
Ususally I fill the rear drivers side bag and front center bag and have a 250 lb bag on the back seat of my 2009 22SSV. Should I empty the front sack about half way to make the wake surf better farther back? I don't have the larger ballast sacks and this is on the goofy side.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-16-2010, 12:13 PM Reply   
Typically weight up front adds length to the pocket. Try putting more up front, and if that doesnt work try weighting the middle of the boat more. And get some bigger sacks.

What speeds are you running? To slow and your wave will have a pocket thats like a foot long, too fast and the wave will flatten out.

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 07-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-16-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
Speed 10.4-11.0 I was thinking upgrading to the gravity games sacks. Anyone have any suggested set-ups for goofy on the 22SSV?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-17-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
i have the 03 SSV. With only a spotter in the boat, we run center gg full (1150), then rear surf side gg full (565), then add a 650lb sac to surf side right behind drivers seat for the goofy wake. But I've never been able to get a super long pocket, but generally pretty steep
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-17-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
You really need at least a 750lb sac in the v-drive locker (but I would go with the 1100lb sac if you have the beam) but then add another 400lb sac or two the surf side seats/floor. Fill the opposite side v-drive sac with about 250-300lbs. The key to getting more push is getting the ass of the boat down once it has a good list going. You'll find the pocket will lengthen out.