Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2005, 6:42 PM Reply   
For those of you interested in seeing pictures of the boat my father is buying me being made, here they are… click the link

http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=X%5FStar&GID=1250722&ILD=666318

I know some of you are going to ask, why did MC put the decals on your boat if it is going to get painted? According to my dealer this boat is going to go through the same production line just like every other X-Star being made. After the boat is made, MC will be taking all the decals off, and will be putting the MC by design aftermarket parts on my boat. I do not have pictures of them putting the MC by design stuff on my boat. The boat is now in Chicago getting painted. The next time I will post pictures will be after I pick up the boat.
Old    bronco991            05-17-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
You know we are gonna get all the ladies on that pimp mobile hahah
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-17-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
much better post ryan...
look forward to seeing the finished product.

and kyle, i think you both have made it extraordinarily clear that the only way you will get any ladies, is with a "pimpin" boat...
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-17-2005, 7:29 PM Reply   
I thought you got that custom blue X-Star? Are you getting another new X-Star because that one was solid white?
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-17-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
I am still am getting the custom blue X-Star. The boat is made all white, and the goes to get painted. It’s in the process of being painted now as we speak...
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-17-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
Nice to see the ball is finally rolling now. Can't wait to see the final product!

(Message edited by abundiga909 on May 17, 2005)
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-17-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
Funny how you get jadded seeing all the colored boats nowadays. Now that all white x-star looks like it would stand out from the rest. I kinda like the all white.

Will be fun to see the custom paint though...good luck.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-17-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
Enjoy the new boat. I got to ride behind an X-Star for the 1st time this weekend. I was really impressed with everything about that boat. Be sure you post the pics after all the extra work is done.

-Blake
Old    zboomer            05-17-2005, 8:42 PM Reply   
How many threads are you going to start about your NEW BOAT dude? Damn man, give it a freaking rest.

There has to be 1000 posts on here now about your NEW BOAT.

I can't wait for the 4-5 more threads once you actually get it, crap.
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2005, 10:56 PM Reply   
im pretty sure he only started one thread, and then others decided to mock him and make their own ones. did you read the other "my new boat" treads? by the way, that x-star looks amazing, i cant wait to see it finished, i dont know how you are surviving the wait. see ya round.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-17-2005, 11:48 PM Reply   
in my opinion I think that you should leave your boat all white and not bother will all that gaudy graphics. I like the clean boat look and the white looks killer
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2005, 4:40 AM Reply   
I agree. If I had my choice of an x-star (who am I kidding?), I'd take the all white any day. That looks amazing, if you ask me.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2005, 5:24 AM Reply   
The white looks freakin' ill!!! I would keep it that way.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-18-2005, 6:26 AM Reply   
I'm not going to lie, after seeing this X-Star all white I have to admit I like it. BUT, I also really liked the custom paint job. One of the reasons I'm getting this paint job is because I wanted my boat to be a little unique. I know there are a few people with this same custom paint job, but the chances of me running into them on the water are slim to none. If I was to ever order another boat (not anytime soon) I would highly consider getting it all white!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-18-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan... My first boat was purple metal flake... looked cool... then when I order my new boat in 2004, I told myself I was going to go ALL WHITE... I now have a red boat with red metal flake accents... maybe next time I will be able to stay with ALL WHITE... but who knows.

Just out of curiousity... if you want to be totally unique... since it is totally custom... Were you able to custom order any theme? I know you are going blue barbed wire, but since it is custom... could they have done anything?

For me... money is always a concern... but if money was no object... You would see me in one sick boat...

I would go to Mastercraft and get the X-45... and get them to do a "Dumb and Dumber Theme". Air brush dog hair... the picklefork would look like a dog nose... tower lights looking like eyes... board racks looking like floppy ears... I would have the first 25 feet of rope shaggy... looking like a tail!!!

Now I think that would be one of a kind. The wife and kids would probably disown (sp.?) me... but it would sure look hilarious and it would be unique!

Enjoy the new boat... When you get it... make sure you post lots of pictures!!!

(Message edited by hamkj on May 18, 2005)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-18-2005, 7:12 AM Reply   
Thats two sets of pics you owe Ryan. One for the new boat, and one with you on the Hatteras.
Old     (troyl)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-18-2005, 9:05 AM Reply   
Remember a few years ago white boats were considered boreing? Now they are "Fricken ILL" "amazing", and "clean".!!!

Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       05-18-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
What a waste for mastercraft to stick those stickers and put the speakers and carpet and everything on that boat and then remove it all to paint and make it custom. wouldnt you think that if they shipped it without all the stock stuff already installed they couls save money and time. I just dont understand.

I would definetly be ridin behind the dog boat.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-18-2005, 9:23 AM Reply   
Troy-
So true. And the boats that were considered 'sick', 'wicked' and 'dope' a few years ago, are now 'overdone' or 'too flashy'. My, how trends change.