Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-05-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
i think kylie has a great idea. pay it forward Glad to see all the good things that came from this thread. and props to all involve. thanks dave, great site
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2007, 11:42 AM Reply   
What's his age and graduation year?
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2007, 11:44 AM Reply   
I told him that I would just like the money back because I dont need two boards. If he really wants to send the board instead then thats ok. Its really up to him the money would be better. Big thanks to CWB, Innov8, and Joe! I'm just glad its all working out, and that he contacted me.
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
A big thanks to everyone who has helped in anyway. I can't wait to see the board. You guys are awesome!
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-05-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
Post pics when you get it, I cant wait to see it either...
Old    00wakesetter            03-05-2007, 12:32 PM Reply   
I think someone could write a book about this story. Great ending!
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-05-2007, 12:48 PM Reply   
agreed this thread just shows how good people can still be it's really nice to see.
Old     (dhands88)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-05-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
just want to be a part of this thread in case someone does make a book of it. Congrats Paul and this is why i look forward to coming home from work and talking to all these great people on this site. at least till it warms up to go ride. enjoy the new board.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
wow
I read this post up until the end of Feb
just now caught back up
wish I woulda done so last Friday.....
had my girls read it...everyone was teary-eyed
great job JoeU,Jeff,Trevor!
way to go CWB
my oldest is ready for a new board
.....looks like it'll be a CWB!!!!!
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Cliff, I recommend the Sapphire, then again I have to everyone since my first ride on it ...I love my board! Just wanted to say that.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-05-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
thanks
I'll look into that
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
I will definitely be posting pics when I get the board. That’s a great idea if he sends me the board. A Big thanks goes out to CWB, Trevor, Joe, and Jeff!
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-05-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
As nice as all of this is, someone needs to help Josh out. If he really had to steal $150 from a teenager, he obviously has some issues.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-05-2007, 9:25 PM Reply   
one of my best friends is a recovered alcoholic and it taught me one thing: nobody can help josh until josh helps himself. but if/when he does that, i have no doubt that WW will be behind his recovery as much as they were behind Paul.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-05-2007, 10:17 PM Reply   
I agree kylie. If Josh already owes an old friend (I made an assumption they were friends) 10,000 as stated earlier in this thread; I doubt there is much more help available. A friend that loans out that kind of cash is a true friend. I have had my own experiences with trying to help a friend in need and it only works when they are willing to help themselves. Otherwise as Charlie Murphy stated "we just gave him some help".
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-05-2007, 10:25 PM Reply   
Matt- " ColdBloodedddddddd"
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-06-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
bet the dude was in jail -- he just needed to be honest -- a liar and a thief go hand in hand...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
this was a great thread and glad things worked out and Big Props to all who stood up and helped give this a happy ending..

NOw my two cents

I feel like IF Paul reeives both a new board and his old board he should give the old board to a needy rider somewhere off of WW or to someone a WW member knows needs one and cant afford it..

You know pass the love forward..

I think a good way would let people write in on a thread or privately to soemone here like Dave,Joe or Stef and let them plead there case and tell us why they think they deserve the board..

then someone pick a winner..

that way this thread not only Helped paul but turns out it can help somebody else as well..

later
Old    wakelvr            03-06-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
I definitely love the idea of paying it forward. But I don't want to be a judge on who gets the board or not:-)

Paul, your stickers went out today:-) Pay it forward by proudly displaying your WW stickers;-) Don't be alarmed when you get stopped by a fellow WW'ders when you least expect it. I was flagged down on a freeway TWICE in the past years and countless times on the water.

Joe, everyone, way to pull through for Paul. That is just amazing.
Old    wakelvr            03-06-2007, 11:21 AM Reply   
On another note, IF Josh pays Paul back, then he did the right thing in the end. Good for you Josh. You did the right thing and that says a lot about your character!
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-06-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Kylie - CWB available in the Denver Area at:
Wakeboard & Waterski Speciality
6851 Pecos St.
Denver, CO 80221
303-430-0202
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2007, 12:42 PM Reply   
hey bill! hope your winter is going well - can't wait to see you all this summer. i actually ordered CWB bindings through DWC boardshop yesterday (thanks Tom!). And Byrd - thanks for the stickers - they came yesterday in the mail and will be put on my jeep tonite!
Old     (billspin)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-06-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Kylie - Not that I am excited about boating, but I got picked in the Standley lottery systema and already have the permit sitting at home. Just waiting until May. I will let you know when we are going out so you can try those new bindings. See you this summer. Bill
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-06-2007, 1:05 PM Reply   
Paul, wow I just read 80% of this thread and wow, I feel like stimpy-holding back my tears...

WW's make me so proud!!

If you need any other gear you can pm me and if I have extra I will gladly send it your way. I see the board has been takin care of. I remember what is was like being 16 and very limited funds!

As for this Josh dude, Karma is a BEECH!

I've done many transactions (paypal) with WW's and NEVER had a problem, and if something didn't go right they corrected right away..

THE WAKEWORLD FAMILY IS THE BOMB!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-06-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
God gosh..... I can't believe I just read from post 1 until now without stopping. Next time i'll learn to keep up with posts from the get go.

Paul- I want to see pictures and smiles!

Way to go Trever & obviously all those here!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-13-2007, 8:48 PM Reply   
Some girl stole my virginity......
Old     (spelsh)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-14-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
Bruce lol!!!

you could have the surgery to fix it.....wait, that's only for females.
Old     (rainryder)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Yeah was never attended to scam him i literally just mailed the board today with 50 bucks... i have alot of real personal with my family and wife.. im not a scammer nor have i ever scammed anyone. but i totally understand i would feel the same way... but that last thing on my mind was getting that board out. i have sold lots of bindings and boards on here probably around 20 and this has never happened... im really sorry bud but its on the way now and better late than never...again sorry took so long but what was going on in my life was presedent to a hundred dollars...an to bsflower thanks for the love i always take people i dont know on my boat and always giving beginners free geat...i guess if i was gonna scam someone it would be for a 100 bucks, i make that in three hours of work.. peace wake folk
Old     (rainryder)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
haha thanks good he got a new board. didnt ship in time and he gets a brand new board and the one he bought from me.. haha but thats good to see everyone get down for someone getting scammed.....bad situation no scam...
Old    alanp            03-19-2007, 8:37 PM Reply   
best of luck josh. its stand up of you to come on here and explain your situation.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-19-2007, 9:22 PM Reply   
Josh - Hey thanks for coming on and explaining the situation. Hope your situation works out for ya. If you need a third, I am around these days and jobless, so there is a good chance I can make it on the water. tcluv85@hotmail.com

Paul - Let us know what you decide to do with the second board. I liked the idea of passing along the love to someone else who is in need of a board.

Everyone loves a happy ending.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2007, 11:54 PM Reply   
I just spent close to an hour reading this thread.

it was not time wasted.

p.s. - it would be awesome to see him give away the board he originally payed for to someone who really needs it!
Old     (wake1012)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-20-2007, 5:17 AM Reply   
Thanks for doing all this. If I end up with two boards I will definitely give one of the boards to someone who needs it. Thanks so much. I will let everyone know what happens. Thanks Josh.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-20-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
I just got cought up on this post and it was GREAT! Got to love the power of Wakeworld. I have been trying to decide what board to purchase between a Ronix, Liquid Force, Hyperlite or CWB (ridden Hyperlite for 10 years) and I have decided that I will be purchasing CWB products. Glad to see everything worked out in the end.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-20-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
i feel a new website being launched soon....

WAKEWORLD-CWB.COM

Old     (hudd007)      Join Date: May 2006       03-20-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
Chris, ARE U SERIOUS????

Anyways, I have a CWB board and bindings and now I feel so much better in my purchase. I actually bought the board off a fellow WW but I am especially happy in my purchase now.

Anyone know who designed/rides the Flame? I want it signed because I have an ingrown toe nail and it really hurts. Any help?? J/K

Great site.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-21-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
Im glad things got straightened out by Josh. I too emailed him about the boards but never got a response. I guess Im glad now. But Im stoked everything worked out for the best. Josh do you still have the other board available for sale?
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-21-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
you wouldn't actually buy it from him, would you?
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-21-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
It's awesome to see all the love here.... Man WW is the BOMB! I'm glad to see everything worked out and that nobody actually got scammed. Ont that same note I dont think it would be right to take the board from CWB. They were offering the board B/C you got scammed....IMO since you didn't get scammed I wouldn't take the board unless they insist. I still can't believe how everyone came together...its just awesome to see all the good in people come out in a bad situation.
Old     (jaubrey)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-21-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
No probably not. Unless he wanted to set it up in an escrow. Thats why you normally can go by "if its looks too good to be true...then it probably is".
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-21-2007, 10:07 AM Reply   
Way to go CWB, amazing company. Glad in the end everything worked out. Its amazing the power of a small community.

One love