Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-01-2009, 10:50 PM Reply   
I got some nicks and scratches that need to go. This is my first try at gell coat repair. Here are some pick's of what I have done so far. Like I said first time @ it so if you have any advice

I got the direct color gell from spectrum. They have all major brands of gell in factory colors. You can buy it in liqued (for spraying) or gell (for chip's and holes) I got the gell.
Upload
Upload
This is the chip I was gonna fill.
Upload
First things first. I got a space heater and got the garage nice and warm.
Upload
Then I prepped the aera with Acetone
Upload
Tape off the aera
Upload
Take a dremel and clean out the aera to be filled. The gell will have a better aera to stick to.
Upload
I filled the chip with gell and coved it with packing tape and then sanded it with 220 and then 400. The chip is VERY hard to see. went all around the boat and filled every deep scratch and or chip.
Upload
Upload