Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (blackstang)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-24-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
I am trying to decide on which speed control system to purchase for our 2002 Supra Launch DD. We mainly do wake boarding and some surfing. I have searched and only found reviews on the early versions of the Ridesteady system. Was hoping somebody might have some good advise or pointers for either system. The boat typically will not have much extra ballast beyond the factory rear tank, front bag in bow and two smaller bags in the rear locker if that matters?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-24-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
group buy on PP going on right now PM me for info. i would go with perfect pass. you can get it for a good price ... only good til the 31st i think
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-24-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
I have the old version of ride steady (and have been really happy with it), but really, which ever one you can get for less is what I would purchase. Both are quality products, so you can't go wrong with either of them.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
The PP group buy is the same price as the RS retail price if you document the install w/pics.
The RS has a bigger digital screen in the 3.5" and includes air/water temp. and the really easy screen navigation control knob and is easy on battery life.
The PP can be ordered with a Supra logo on it.
Both Great systems with excellent customer service. Cant go wrong either way.
Old     (bbnight3)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-24-2014, 12:55 PM Reply   
I went with the Ridesteady GPS version and have a review of it posted here on wakeworld.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801183
Old     (blackstang)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-26-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
I just ordered the Ridesteady system. Our boat was recently broken into and had all the electronics stolen from it, so it will be a bit before I can update with my opinion on the system.

Last edited by blackstang; 03-26-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-26-2014, 11:28 AM Reply   
Ridesteady costs more even with the extra step of taking pictures of the install. compared to the Group buy. Especially if you need a 5" gauge. The air/water temp requires holes in the boat. i dont care that much about these to things to drill a hole.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
The water temp sensor can be accessed through pitot tube hole that is already in your boat since you will not need the speedometer.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2014, 2:45 PM Reply   
I priced the PP group buy and the RS and got the same price on the 3.5"
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2014, 8:50 PM Reply   
Actually the RS Retail price is $67 less than the Group Buy for the PP.
Jody did say he cannot price them as low as I did the last go around