Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-14-2011, 1:50 PM Reply   
Hello all. I currently have a Wetsounds WS-420 EQ in my boat hooked up to 3 amps. One amp is for the Double Up package from Wetsounds, One amp is for my subs, and the other for the interior speakers. I have all of this wired through a Perko 1 - 2, 1+2 switch with one dedicated starting battery on the #1 bank and another battery and dry cell on bank #2. My problem is that this weekend all of my stereo quit, towers, subs, and interior speakers. I have checked all of my wiring, grounds, and batteries and everything is fine. My amps are all getting power and working great. I checked the in-line fuse behind the eq and the fuse was blown. I have replaced the fuse with the same, and still nothing from the stereo. The eq is still getting power but apparantly no signal for sound. I bypassed the eq, using the rca's from the back of the radio to the amps and everything is up and running without the eq. My problem is when you increase the volume on the eq you get a slight hissing sound like the volume is working, but you only get a faint bit of sound (barely audible). Is is safe to say that the eq has gone bad, has a bad groud internally or what? I contacted Wetsounds tech support on Tuesday and am still waiting for someone to call me, so I figured some of you guys might know something I don't and help me get it back up and running. FWIW the eq is 3 years old. Thanks for any help you guys can give me!
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Dont take offense as I am sure you've already checked this -- but - you've checked the input sensitivity adjustments on the ws420? (maybe turned all the way down...)
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
To clarify: I am talking about the Main Input Gain Adjustments.

Also, another dumb question, but you've got the right input selected on the ws420 too... right?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just had a similar issue for like 3 (very pissed off) hours and it turned out my kid hit the input switch and I was using AUX instead of main input... though in my mind, I knew that wasn't the issue... haha.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-14-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Did it get wet at any time before it blew the fuse?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-14-2011, 5:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayton191 View Post
To clarify: I am talking about the Main Input Gain Adjustments.

Also, another dumb question, but you've got the right input selected on the ws420 too... right?

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just had a similar issue for like 3 (very pissed off) hours and it turned out my kid hit the input switch and I was using AUX instead of main input... though in my mind, I knew that wasn't the issue... haha.
This was my first thought when I read the OP. I too have been very mad about no sound only to realize that switch had been flipped to AUX.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-14-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
I've "heard" about "some guy" flipping that aux switch too...
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-15-2011, 5:06 AM Reply   
Oh yeah that was the first thing that I checked...pushing it in and out, even after I changed the fuse, with the volume up. I have also checked all of my gains, but they were in the same position that I had set them. The eq also hasn't been wet any time that I know of. I am the one that covers it with a plastic bag and t-shirts when I wash the boat (haha). I have the eq mounted just below and right of the steering wheel (2008 210 SANTE), so it is in a very dry spot, as far as I know.
Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-15-2011, 5:45 AM Reply   
The ws420 also has an internal fuse...
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-15-2011, 11:13 AM Reply   
Ah...ok I might try that. Maybe someone from Westounds will chime in and let me know if that could be the problem. I just don't want to purchase a brand new one unless I have to and I don't like being without tunes too long. Thanks for the info so far.
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-18-2011, 2:48 PM Reply   
I have the same set-up as you. When i first got it my head unit volume was turned down so i could not get much volume from the eq.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-20-2011, 1:47 PM Reply   
rugdr,

did you call our tech support? ask for Gyver. 877-938-7757, he can work with you on getting an RA set up to bring it in and test it. Also, there is an internal fuse on the older gen ones so something to check as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-21-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim. I did call tech support last Tuesday, but had to leave a message and I haven't got a call back yet. I understand that you all get thousands of calls a day so no worries! I will give Gyver a call today. Thanks again.