Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2004, 2:52 PM Reply   
We'll be camping at MP. Anyone else going?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2004, 3:23 PM Reply   
cant make it... got a wedding sunday and a going away thing friday...
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-26-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
After this last weekend, I've realized that trying to wakeboard at lakes is a complete waste of time. You used to be able to get out early for the morning glass, then return for a dusk set for awesome water. Now there are dozens of other die-hards posted throughout the lake with the same idea as you. The water was terrible from early morning to late night. There was a line at the ramp to pull out at 9pm. I think I'll reserve the lake trips for pre and post season riding only. In June, July, August, and September I'll stick to the Delta.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-26-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
J-Rod ~ I couldn't have said it any beter. Delta is where the riding is at.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-26-2004, 10:51 AM Reply   
yeah lakes are tought to get the perfect glass... delta no matter what there will be a strip of glass somewhere
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-26-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
Friday was pretty awesome at pedro - first time i've ever said pedro and awesome in the same sentence - lol...we were at MP as well. Mid-week (delta or lake) has been the call of the die-hard riders for the last couple of years now. My bro was there saturday (with my boat) and said pretty much the same thing as you j-rod.

Then coming home, as a capper...some knucklehead swiped my throttle knob in Oakdale. humph! Guess it could have been worse but it still sucked.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-26-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
Gregg,

We arrived Friday night also. That was the only good set I had all weekend. Pretty sure I saw your boat out there. There were quite a few Malibus. We were in a 2001 blue and tan LSV.

Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-26-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Yeah, now that you mention the boat, I'm sure I saw you guys. I heard you were going to be there, just didn't know what to look for. I Would've liked to have said hi and shaken your hand.

We were doing a favor for a friend and giving a group of college kids rides and lessons... They were a great bunch of kids and made the day totally outrageous... and I even got to sneak in a quick run. woo-hoo!

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-26-2004, 1:03 PM Reply   
I hear you guys... I've almost gotten to the point of not riding on weekends at all during the summer. I get bummed at the delta trying to find good water too, not to mention the bone head people out ya hooin'.

Whatever, gotta do what you gotta do. Only problem is the older I get the less I really want to get up at 6:00 on the weekends to get the butter.

Oh what problems we all have. Ha, ha