Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (utter_twat)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
I've recently started trying 1-wake blind 180's but can never seem to stick it, I keep on getting dragged over by catching my heel edge. Can someone help plz?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-26-2005, 2:15 PM Reply   
get over your toes more when you land.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-26-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
when you spin it, keep your shoulders square and turn your hips away from the boat (the direction of the spin), then instead of looking for the opposite shore, look straight back down, from where the boat came, and make sure the top of your hand is on the small of your back.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-26-2005, 2:19 PM Reply   
Learn ollie blind 180's in the flats first. Just remember to keep the handle in tight to your back and pop FIRST, then spin.

Good luck...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-26-2005, 2:25 PM Reply   
actually just rage at the wake, ralley cut, pop hard of the top, do a big old Nuclear Grab, Turn your head and sholdiers away form the boat, land blind way in the flats, don't pass the handle until it is obvious that you stuck that Sh##T blind. Thats what I do.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-26-2005, 2:28 PM Reply   
do the handle pass...
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       08-26-2005, 3:16 PM Reply   
I landed my first wake to wake HS BS 180 last weekend, and what Jarret said is right on. Do a ton of ollie blind 180's in the flats until you are really comfortable with them, then take it to the wake.

and throw it as late as possible..
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-26-2005, 3:36 PM Reply   
i agree.....learn the learn the ollie to blind, its the only way i revert anymore. This may sound crazy, but i can do several variations of a wake to wake blind, but not a one wake.....something throws you off about it. Learn the ollie, then go wake 2 wake......the later you throw it the easier it is to land.

www.wakecoupons.com
Old    alanp            08-26-2005, 3:54 PM Reply   
try posting in trick tips is your first pointer. next slow the boat way down to about 15-17 mph. try working on inside to outside one wake. learn to pass the handle. initially it seems harder but its much easier. jerk the handle to the front hip hard and youll come around.
Old    jhair            08-26-2005, 6:17 PM Reply   
if you're trying it one wake, be sure you're doing it from the inside out. lean over HARD. it's hard to lean too hard. Keep the handle in close to the small of your back, too. doing it at a slow speed at first will help.
Old    wakegal02            08-26-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
why would you do it from the inside out, that seems more complicated can't you just do a normal 1wake jump?
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-26-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
Not really, 1 wake means you have to land in the wash and you have to negotiate the other wake pretty quick. My percentage is still pretty low w2w but I started doing them in the flats and when the boat turns around, I'll rail out and throw it off the roller to get used to the motion and handle pass.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
I learn't inside out, takes pretty big nuts to learn them W2W without having them inside out first. Finally I have mine dialed now, The key for me is waiting...... then wait a bit more and then go. Also when you land resist the temptation to look at the boat, you must be looking at the shore and slightly back towards the wake. Over rotating was the biggest problem for me, especially once I learnt BS3. Waiting and looking back fixed this problem.
Old    ridersrefuge139            08-28-2005, 4:55 PM Reply   
When you land keep cutting
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2005, 1:09 AM Reply   
surprised no one put this link up - thane you're slackin' :-)

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tricklist/TrickTip017.asp

don't get much prettier than brian's...
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2005, 11:16 AM Reply   
I could never land them until I tried this:

Grab indy and hold it all the way through the trick. I don't pass the handle. Hold it until you hit the water if you have to, this will put you in the right position.

Definately my favorite trick to do, in any boardsport!
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-30-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
i'll have to try that.
Old     (hymaeringo)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-30-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
I think i've done one sketchy one w2w. the way I learned which is prolly far from the norm is off the double up and thats basically the only way that I do them.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-30-2005, 3:12 PM Reply   
might sound stupid, but the progression I learned so far has been to start with surface blind 180s, you really get a feel for the rotation and the handle pass pretty quick, then progress to the ollie blind 180s, then move to the inside outs, which is where I am at right now.. but with any luck I will be able to sac up soon and start trying W2W! until then I can use my healing ACL as an excuse!
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       08-31-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
This is the next trick I want to nail down. are there some hard falls on this trick? Why not just go for it w2w? Obviously I've tried my surface blind 180's first though.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-01-2005, 5:15 PM Reply   
you said it yourself man, go for it.

www.wakecoupons.com