Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    drewsky24            05-06-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
I am currently market for a new board. I want to get either a subjekt, substance or a platinum. I any suggestions would be nice.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-06-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
You're not going to like this answer but Demoing is my suggestion.
Old    wickedwake            05-06-2005, 7:35 PM Reply   
I have only ridden the Substance out of those boards and I absoultely love it. I just bought a Transcend myself, havent ridden it yet. Ive heard nothing but good things about the Abs Plat.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2005, 8:03 PM Reply   
I've only ridden the substance and I love it. I ride it without the center fin.

I think the substance and the absolute would ride very much the same (or so I've heard), the absolute being a little more loose with the fin out, but landing softer.

I have also ridden the subjekt, and I did not like it at all. Good pop but much harder to ride than the Substance. The Substance is just a fun board.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the Substance or the Absolute.
Old    drewsky24            05-07-2005, 9:16 PM Reply   
The problem is that there are not any places were you can demo boards close to me.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-08-2005, 2:11 AM Reply   
most shops offer a satisfaction gaurantee, meaning if you buy a board, and you dont like it, you can bring it back and exchange for another one, so long as you take care of the board, no scratches, dings, keep it clean.
Old    drewsky24            05-08-2005, 7:50 AM Reply   
I am more than likely to buy the substance, but now that I have seen the '06 marius thats also a possibility
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2005, 6:53 AM Reply   
I rode a subjekt this weekend and it is fun, but really different. It is very loose and I had a hard time setting the heelside edge. Once it's on edge though it really bites in hard. It's fun...just really different. Not sure I'd buy one myself.