Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (jared123)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
I am looking into buying one of the wake edition sea doos. Has anyone on here rode behind one and if so what is the wake like? Any pop to them?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-21-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
there is no make to jump w2w, its still a pwc. but the inside out wake is a lot of fun. the wake edition (gtx) is super stable and its nice to be able to hold on to the pylon when you're a spotter. the board racks are cool, but dont fit most wakeskates.

i definitely prefer PWCs to boats.

if you want a wake dont get a pwc.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2008, 12:35 PM Reply   
regular GTX, save money.
Old     (jared123)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Hey Sinko. Thanks for the help. Would the GTI be a good ski too? also how much horsepower do i need on a ski to get me out of the water?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
It really depends on how big you (or your buddies are that will be riding). I currently have a super old jetski, I think it's a 650cc and that can get a rider that weighs probably 215-225lb max (with a longggg run through to get on plane).

All of the new skis will be more than enough, 130hp and up is plenty to get any sized skater out of the water. The GTI is a good option, but in all seriousness that's the benefit of skating behind a ski, you really can't go wrong with anything - it almost comes down to what brand is the most reliable/durable. But all in all, if you can swing it, find a 4-stroke engine - they seem to last longer.

(Message edited by sinkoumn on March 21, 2008)
Old     (jared123)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
Alright cool. Thanks again sinko. I really appreciate the help man.
Old     (paulters)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-29-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
I skate behind a older 2 stroke ski and it's tough to keep a constant speed but still wicked to ride behind, the new 08 wake edition with the small ballast tank on it actually throws a nice little wake. But other then the add on's it's the same base ski as the GTI!
Cheers
Paul
Old     (wakelover04)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-30-2008, 4:10 PM Reply   
no its the same as GTX
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
Get a 4 stroke, minimum 800cc engine, I would personally go yamaha or kawasaki, and possibly Yamaha.
Old     (chetmaherwakecom)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-28-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
I just got a gtx and for 700 bucks you get the pole instaled and it is the same as the wake edition unless you get a new one with the balast but the balast is only 200 lbs. the 155hp has more then enouph power to get anyone out of the water.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-29-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
i had a yamaha 1200 from 2003 and it was great to ride behind. Although it was a 2 stroke but it was oil injected so you can still take it anywhere.
Old    chriscut            05-28-2008, 9:36 PM Reply   
you can go w2w on a seadoo wake edition. ive done it... it was more of a joke though than a serious trick. the drive has to counter steer pretty hard to make up with how hard you are cutting into the wake.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-23-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
OK, I have a question for you guys. My GF bought an 04 Wake Edition late last year. This weekend we decided to use it instead of uncovering the boat between the rains. We were able to pull my mom on a slalom ski, but when we went to skate neither one of us could get up? Just seemed to plow water. When I was pulling the GF I stood up & leaned over the handle bars & had my mom scoot forward on the seat...but nothing... we switched & I had the same issues as my GF. Getting kinda pi$$ed, I grabbed my wakeboard & was able to get up with that (had to "give a little" (advance on the rope) to the jet ski to allow it to plane though)
Any thoughts??