Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-18-2014, 3:37 PM Reply   
Here is a video of the sound difference of the F-1 Cars in Australia from 2013 and now in 2014
http://youtu.be/jS4Dh_EAfJI
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-18-2014, 6:31 PM Reply   
I read this article and it crazy how much of difference there is. They are still no match for the awesome sound that comes from a Sprint Cup Car
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-19-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
Have you actually heard an F1 car in person? They are deafening. It's amazing how much power comes from those cars. It's probably good that they changed them this year. I race motorcycles, and every few years I've had the not so great pleasure of splitting track time while F1 cars race or test. I can honestly say, that as a spectator, being anywhere in a corner that you can see these cars go by is HELL on your ears. In my opinion, it's not very fun to watch a race with full earphones on, plus you can't hear your buddy say how awesome that pass was, or hear the announcers. But, some people love it and the sound makes it more exciting for most. I'd prefer to watch drivers race where I can focus on what the cars are doing instead of wondering if my eardrums are going to blow out. There are noise and air pollution regulations at every track, and F1 is finally adapting.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2014, 12:49 PM Reply   
4 tires and gas in just a few seconds
http://zanylol.com/tires.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-18-2014, 11:31 PM Reply   
That's huge. Why? What changed?
Old     (PureWakesurfing1)      Join Date: Sep 2012       03-19-2014, 7:30 PM Reply   
That's insane. And I thought moto pit stops were quick. Here's a practice stop from Daytona last week. That F1 stop makes this 13 seconds look LAME.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G_tnrOQ...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by PureWakesurfing1; 03-19-2014 at 7:32 PM. Reason: added info
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-23-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
F1 pit stops cheat, the jacks are built into the cars and they only have 1 lug per wheel! It's more legit when the tire changer actually needs hand eye coordination to hit 5 lugs per wheel and the jack man has to run around the car muscling a floor jack around.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-24-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
So this is parked in the lobby at work
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-24-2014, 1:44 PM Reply   
David :
Quote:
F1 pit stops cheat, the jacks are built into the cars
Mabey you missed it because the pit stop was so fast "but there was a guy at the front of the car and at the back with a Jack"
Im pretty sure your talking about INDY cars they have jacks built into them.

But yes I see your point about the 5 lugs on a NASCAR being harder to do but trying to compare NASCAR to F-1 like comparing WWF to UFC
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       03-24-2014, 10:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
David :

Mabey you missed it because the pit stop was so fast "but there was a guy at the front of the car and at the back with a Jack"
Im pretty sure your talking about INDY cars they have jacks built into them.

But yes I see your point about the 5 lugs on a NASCAR being harder to do but trying to compare NASCAR to F-1 like comparing WWF to UFC
Ok they have 2 jack men instead of one, still cheating. I am not sure what you are trying to imply by comparing NASCAR to WWF. I would say it's more like Boxing vs UFC.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
F-1 is on another planet Vs Nascar in EVERY way. I bet the lowest rank F-1 team spends more on hospitality then the top Nascar team total budget. Not trying to say nascar is lame or anything just trying to point out that company's are spending as much as
$500 million per year and when you have that kind of money at your disposal you can do some pretty amazing things .

Check out this artical
http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com...ar-comparison/
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2014, 8:34 AM Reply   
Awesome Article! $130,000,000 car!
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-27-2014, 3:53 PM Reply   
I think there were a couple of 2.6 second pit stops in Australia. There's talk that it's going to be down under 2 seconds in race conditions before long. They've done it in practice.

I'm not sure about the new power plants. The old ones were too loud IMO but, the new ones do not make a pretty noise at all. Are they still only allowed, what was it last year, 9 engines for the season?