Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-27-2009, 7:33 AM Reply   
I'm looking at putting together an emergency kit for my boat to potentially save a day or weekend someday! I know I want a spare prop and prop puller........ but this has got me thinking, what else should I have on board? Any and all suggestions will be a great help.....Things you guys wished you had or did have that saved a session or weekend. The stock prop on my '08 VTX is an acme 13.5 x 16.......Should I buy another or is there something else I should consider? I'm hoping that if I have a few things on board (Spare prop,impeller,ect) that I won't need them!
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       05-27-2009, 7:44 AM Reply   
Multimeter for volts/ohms, jumper cables (20' 2 gauge or bigger), knife, goggles, tow rope (a tubing rope), $20, boy this list could get long.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-27-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
I also carry an impeller, a belt, goggles and a knife. I also installed a ball valve on the raw water intake for the impeller allowing me to change it on the water if need be.

Aside from that the usual plumbers sealing tape, duct tape, zip ties and miscellaneous tools.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-27-2009, 8:03 AM Reply   
this is one that i just recently put on my boat.
www.rescuetape.com
Old     (roomservice)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-27-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
a tampon

for leaks

in the boat

ahhh, in the hull of the boat itself, just to be perfectly clear.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-27-2009, 9:52 AM Reply   
Bandaids. I cut the crap out of myself once and it was a pain to keep blood off of everything.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-27-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
spare plug

if you use inflatables, don't rely on battery powered pumps. have a manual pump on backup duty.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Spare gas cap..... I hear a 1.5" PVC threaded cap does the job.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-27-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
How much room do you have to store all this stuff? I carry a few hand tools.Swiss army knife,leatherman do all,1st aid kit,tape and a dive mask.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Duct tape, plastic hose repair kits with worm clamps, impeller, jumper cables, spare prop and puller, channel locks, pliers, screw drivers, electrical wire, zip ties, hand held VHF, flashlight, goggles and knife,Boat US card...and I've used it all at one time or another. Except for the prop it all fits into a small watertight box. Oh, and a small hidden bottle of Jack.

(Message edited by srock on May 27, 2009)
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-27-2009, 12:38 PM Reply   
^^^ the same plus I also carry a spare belt for the motor.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-27-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Jack does tend to calm the nerves in a stressful situation.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-27-2009, 1:19 PM Reply   
I wonder how many times Jack Daniels have saved the day?

An adjustable wrench
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-27-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
When you passing time waiting for help it's nice to have a drink and take in the scenery. Or, if my wife is bitching, I can slip into the back corners of my mind and just smile.

Yea, it belongs in the emergency kit.