Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-31-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
To The Wakeboard, Wakeskate, Watersports Community.

Two Huskies, Hoochie & Raley , owned by The Nicola Butler Family were unmercifully,& repeatedly shot by a deranged gunman, May 19th 2008, while Chris was begging him to stop shooting. There is an existing thread with more info, images, video, media links below. This story is already making international news. Watch the video made friday with Chris on

http://www.orlandosentinel.com

Wakeworld thread below

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/4387/583497.html?1212257356

The Butlers need help paying the escalating vet bills which are up to apprx. $3,500 now and rising. They will be removing one of Hoochie's eyes soon, and there simply is no money available to pay the vet.

We have set up a very simple webpage where you may help if possible.

http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/hoochieraleyfund

Thank you for your time & please help in any amount that you can.
Thank you
Barry
bvaught@cfl.rr.com
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-31-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
donated.

mods, could you make this a sticky at the top of the page ?
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-31-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
Thank you Clint

I added a couple images of Nicola from Wake Games to the webpage.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-31-2008, 1:15 PM Reply   
when i get to my wallet (new debit card number i'm down)

the whole situation sucks... where are those cows located.... i'll get even if i have to
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-31-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
Hey Barry, just saw this now. Thanks a lot man. Hope I can repay you someday
Old    murrayair            05-31-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
I'll be donating as soon as my paycheck comes in on Monday. It's such a sad (and infuriating) story. Best of luck to the dogs!
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-01-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thank you Mark , Nick and Kung Fu Wake & Video (dcervenka)
Direct link to the Orlando Sentinel Article & video with Nicola's Dad, Chris -

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-dogshot3108may31,0,4379074.story

Read the sentinel forum for comments on the article

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/orlando-sentinel/TSPK4QP7540L0GI7M

Sign the petition for Justice

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/50/justice-for-husky-dogs-shot-in-orange-county-florid

If you were a witness to this attempted execution or know one, please contact me

Thank you
Barry
bvaught@cfl.rr.com

(Message edited by barry_vaught on June 01, 2008)
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-02-2008, 3:46 PM Reply   
Congrats to Nicola, Phillip & all the Fort Worth PWT Riders.
It's great that she can concentrate on riding
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-03-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
Chris...I am outraged by this and hope that you keep fighting against this guy. I can't even imagine how horrible this must be for you.

I don't think anyone expects you to repay them. I have witnessed, several times, this great group of wakeworld people to come through and help someone in a time of need. This is your time of need. For me, repayment would come when you then, if able, would pass on the help and blessing to someone else, at a future time, in their time of need. And maybe just putting this guy away would be payment enough. Just take care of those dogs, take the guy to court and don't relent on that, and BE BLESSED.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2008, 1:08 AM Reply   
Wake World, its time to help our brother out!

Whatever you can spare: $10, $20 or $50!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2008, 5:03 AM Reply   
donated!
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-04-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
I cant believe someone would do such a thing. horrible.

donated.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-05-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
Thanks to everybody for supporting Hoochie & Raley
Old    wakejjboard12            06-05-2008, 11:42 AM Reply   
any updates on the legal action being taken?
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-06-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
For jessica

The orange county sheriff's ag unit is still investigating and still have not taken a statement from Chris.

Everybody please help if you can and keep this info in front of the public.
Thank you
Barry

The ironic picture below of the dog gunners business was taken from public information on the county tax adjusters webpage .

Maybe the "Beware Of Dog" sign should be changed to "Beware Of Owner"

WARNING THE PROPERTY BELOW IS LOCATED WITHIN A FEW BLOCKS OF OWC
Upload
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-06-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
done. I hope everyone can find it in their hearts to donate just a little bit. good luck Chris. thanks for taking care of this Barry.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       06-06-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Contributed. Good luck with everything, Chris. We hope the dogs make a speedy recovery.

Danny and Nyssa
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-06-2008, 11:37 AM Reply   
Thank you Barry and everybody else for everything.I will let you know if anything new comes along.Not on this thread though
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-06-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Good luck Chris hopefully we can raise enough money to cover your Vet bills.

I posted your story on a couple other forums I frequent to help drum up support.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-07-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Update

Chris was informed this morning that Hoochie's leg is fractured and will need to be operated on.

A 1,045 member facebook group( Justice for Huskey Dogs Shot In Orange County Florida)has been started by a wakeboarder in LA, Chris Achar.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1039612009#/group.php?gid=20060139815

An article has been written in the World press

http://publicintellectual.wordpress.com/2008/06/06/barbarian-hillbilly-dog-shooter-christopher-comins/

Thank you Train, Danny, Drew, and everyone who is helping Hoochie, Raley, and The Butlers.

Barry
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-08-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
Something about this story bothers me to no end. That POS deserves to be shot 8 times. This thread needs to stay at the top, this guy should be in prison. Too bad he's in bed with the government, he probably won't get much more than a slap on the wrist. lm so irate someone would do that to someone elses pets especially in front of the owner as he begged him to stop. I'd like to let him out in a field with my pitbull, but then I would be in jail for being a bad dog owner. Sorry for the rant.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Its OK to rant TX
Thanks again to everyone for helping Hoochie & Raley
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-09-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Barry not asking for a $ amount and PLEASE don't post it but is this fund making a dent in the vet bills hopefully?
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-09-2008, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hi Jim

I will get an update from Chris and post it later this week.

Hoochie's leg is fractured and has to have an operation , along with the eye removal, and other care. Vet costs are continuing.

Thanks again to everyone for helping Hoochie & Raley.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-11-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
Update

Hoochie's leg was operated on this week.

Chris Butler asked me to give a Big Thank You To Everybody for your support and inform you that The Hoochie & Raley Fund is up to $1,600 so far.
Thank You

(Message edited by barry_vaught on June 11, 2008)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2008, 11:35 PM Reply   
Great job everyone. What's new with the whole situation?
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2008, 8:03 AM Reply   
The investigation continues. Thank you to WW & everyone that are helping Hoochie & Raley

(Message edited by barry_vaught on June 14, 2008)
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-14-2008, 10:35 AM Reply   
Donated. Hope your dogs recover well and that guy gets what he deserves.

(Message edited by wakeborder5 on June 14, 2008)
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2008, 11:01 AM Reply   
$$ Sent.

I can not even imagine what you are going through with this, We have 3 dogs and love them to bits.......... All the best and fight... fight... fight........
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-14-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
Thank you.I spoke to the cops yesterday. The whole thing is exhausting. Thanks for donating. If I ever get my vet bills paid I am going to take all the money collected here and put it into a really good cause. Hoochie is having his eye taken out on Tues and hopefully will be home next weekend. It has been a month already. Gone so fast.
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-18-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
Update
Chris just sent an update (Attached below),
"Hey Barry,
Hoochie had his eye removed yesterday and I took these pics today. I am hoping to have him home by the weekend. He has about 6 weeks recovery on his leg. If you could please thank everyone on WW who has donated money,time,emails etc and supported me. This has been an incredibly difficult time. Every time I go see Hoochie he is more beat up. Hopefully it will just be recovery now. He is in incredible shape for what he has been through.
Thank you for all your efforts.

Chris "

The new images of Hoochie have been posted on the website.

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/doggunnerswork

Thank you to WakeWorld and everybody for supporting The Hoochie & Raley Fund which totals apprx. $2,000 so far. The vet costs will be apprx. $4,500 to $5,000.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-18-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Jesus thats painful to look at and makes me madder than hell.

I hope what goes around comes around and the guy who shot them loses an eye, a leg or even arm.
Old    walt            06-18-2008, 10:56 AM Reply   
Donated and get well soon Hoochie & Raley.
Old     (fernandob23)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
$$ sent

My family and friends are following the story and hope that your beautiful dogs are up and active soon.
Old    thebiggmann            06-19-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
Wow... what a . My heart goes out to you man, if I had a credit card I'd totally be donating, but I'll just have to go with support. Keep fighting this guy, I saw the pics, they look like great dogs. I hope everything turns out well!
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-19-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
Thank you to Walt, Fernando & everybody else that are supporting The Hoochie & Raley Recovery Fund.

To Tyler and anyone else that do not use credit/debit cards. Remember you can also send cash(use a non-see through envelope),a check or money order for The Hoochie & Raley Fund made out to CHRIS BUTLER in care of
Barry Vaught
Post Office Box 599
Apopka, Florida 32712
Thank you
Barry
Old     (deltardr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-19-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Check is in the mail. This absolutely tears me up inside. Dont worry karma works, this guy will get it. But in the meantime, i wish you and your family the absolute best and a speedy recovery your for kids with paws.
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-19-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
donated - really whish you all the best with this recovery and the ongoing situation.
Old     (bmoan)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-19-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
I have been a member on here for a while and normally just read the posts and don't respond. When I saw this though it about killed me. I have two huskies myself, one of which I rescued from adopt a husky. If someone would have been doing this to my dogs I would be in jail for murder. I would have taken that gun from that sicko and shot him in the f**** face. I donated to your cause, please keep us informed on there
progress.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-19-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
only way to solve this is 3 230 grain 45acp rounds in this mans body... 1 in the head two in the chest...
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-20-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
I have pasted a comment (#3844)from the Petition for Hoochie & Raley that was posted yesterday afternoon. I have also received personal emails from people that know him. You wonder what it is about this guy.......

This man needs to be locked up for a long time! I know this man personaly and he has alot of problems. Somebody needs to research this guys past
Old     (green_johnson)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-20-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
everytime i come to the site i think this has something to do with hurting myself every other time i try a raley or hoochie glide.

by the way no offense to the dogs i feel horrible for the Butler's. The man who shot these dogs was obviously a lonely son of a bitch with nothing better to do than shot a gun
Old     (barry_vaught)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-21-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
Update
Chris just sent a new more accurate update (Attached below),
"Hey Barry,
Hoochie came home today. It's been almost 5 weeks. The total vet bills are around $7000.00. I paid out $3300.00. The vet was really cool. Good people.
Gotta keep Hoochie off the leg as much as I can. Wanted to take some pics with Hoochie and Nicola but she left for Portland this morning.
Thanks again for everything you have done. Raised about $2000.00 from the website.

Chris"

The new images of Hoochie & Raley at home,have been posted on the website.

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES

http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/doggunnerswork

Thank you to WakeWorld, Doosten Clete, Brian, Ryan, Jason & everybody else that are supporting The Hoochie & Raley Recovery Fund.

To anyone that does not use credit/debit cards. Remember you can also send cash(use a non-see through envelope),a check or money order for The Hoochie & Raley Fund made out to CHRIS BUTLER in care of
Barry Vaught
Post Office Box 599
Apopka, Florida 32712
Thank you
Barry

(Message edited by barry_vaught on June 21, 2008)
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-21-2008, 7:23 AM Reply   
Thanks for the update Barry. As rough as those pics are, its awesome to see that they are pulling through. The pics definitely hurt to look at. I really hope that prosecute the crap outta this guy. Keep on fighting Chris.