Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-16-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
I am a moderate wakeboarder and a long time skiier. I am 6'3" tall and I weigh 230lbs. I want to upgrade to a new board and bindings this year and I am seeking your expert advice. I can perform simple tricks today, but would like to advance my skills next summer.

Would like to get your advice/opinions/suggestions for which boards are good to develop my tricks on and that I won't outgrow in one season. If there is anyone out there that is similar in size, it would be great to find out what board length has worked out well for you.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-16-2005, 11:58 AM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HYPERLITE-WAKEBOARD-MOTIVE-144CM-W-SPIN-BOOT-2005_W0QQitemZ7204985677QQcategoryZ47363QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-16-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
Jason, Check out the 06 CWB Factor 144. This is a great board and in my opinion perfect for what you are lookin for. You can get it with the 06 hinge Tech Torq bindings. Sweet set up for under 500.00 bucks.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-16-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
I suggest going with one of the top three boards of any manufacturer---my personal preference is CWB. In my opinion their boards land softer--which is important for us getting older guys. I'd stay with the upper end boards, they may be a litle pricey, but it is better to grow into rather than out of your board.
I notice that you are from Tulloch--if you haven't gotten a board by the spring ride, I would be happy to bring an Absolute, Marius and a Transcend for you to demo. The offer stands for anyone else as well. Enjoy
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-17-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
Right on Chuck. Same offer here in Granbury Texas. Anyone thats wants to demo an 06 CWB board come out to Granbury and take a ride on a CWB. You will be glad you did. Jason in my opinion you should be on an 144cm board. You could also ride a Trancend 142cm But I dont think I would go any smaller than that at 6'3 230lbs.
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-18-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
Thank you for the advice, sounds like a CWB is the way to go. Any thoughts on Bindings?
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-18-2005, 9:34 PM Reply   
not sure what you like in a board, but if you want a great continuous rocker board with a lot of fin configuration options, check out the LF Team 143.

again what board shape you go with depends on your preference. for me, the Team has worked out well; i started progressing a lot faster after switching to a continuous rocker board from a 3 stage rocker (based on a recommendation from Matt VDA, who rips, i might add)..