Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
So my '05 Transits finally blew up (no suprise there--I have worn them all of 20 times), and it's time to get a new pair of bindings. I drove to Austin to try on pretty much every companies bindings except LF, and came out with the 3DS's and Cells as the only bindings I actually liked. I was hoping I'd like some cheaper, open toes, but CWB absolutely hates my foot shape (and thus, I hate them back), and I couldn't find any other HL or Ronix gear I liked.

Anyway, I can get a much better deal on Hyperlite, so I'm going with the 3DS, but I'm not sure which size to get. I wear a 12 shoe. The size 12 Cells fit me perfectly with my toes just barely touching the end. They only had XL 3DS's in stock, and they fit really well and snug, but I felt my toes could have been closer to the ends. If I sized down to a large, would the width pinch down too much or mainly the length?

What size foot and bindings do other '06 and '07 3DS wearers have?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2007, 5:04 PM Reply   
i have an 11 foot and wear the large 3ds. they are snug and fit perfect and my toes dont touch the end either. i also ride my bindings to tight that my feet are asleep in about 5-10 minutes so xl will probably be good for ya
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-10-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
Thanks Jason. I actually just measured my foot more accurately, and it's closer to an 11.25, so I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm thinking I might go with the larges, and just tough out the pain for a couple weeks, and eventually they'll fit perfectly. Do your feet fall asleep from you over-tightening, or would they do it regardless?

Are your feet a pretty normal width?

(Message edited by jcv on June 10, 2007)
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-10-2007, 8:43 PM Reply   
my feet fall asleep cuz i crank the hell out of em. i like feeling like im one with the board rather than riding on top of it. im not sure if i have normal feet but i have a high arch and they fairly avaerage in width i guess. not wide by any means
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       06-10-2007, 9:07 PM Reply   
I have been riding the 3ds for the last 3 seasons...I have a size 10.5 foot...last year I wore a large... they were a little too loose...this year the large is tough to get into but once in my toes are just touching the end. I guess my point is try 'em on, then decide. Hey Jason what's happening brother...long to time no see or talk!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2007, 4:38 AM Reply   
Thanks Damien. Man, now I'm really confused. I really wish they had some Larges to try on.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-11-2007, 5:25 AM Reply   
I wear size 12's and i like my XL's pretty nice. The 07's are alot tighter than the 06 models too, which may be why they fit a lil different. (I've owned both years)
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-11-2007, 7:50 AM Reply   
Ben, do you feel they're just tighter to get on or tighter all around? Have you ever tried on larges?