Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-16-2005, 8:13 PM Reply   
Thanks to everyone for the kind words the past couple of days.
The surgery was good and I now have 2 plates and 6 screws in my face.
Thats the good news

Bad news is no sports for 10-12 weeks.
I am going to go stir Crazy

See u soon guys and thanks again
Erik
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-16-2005, 8:43 PM Reply   
i don't know if you're a religious man, but thank god it was a successful surgery.

now, just get better and get your ass back out on the water!
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-17-2005, 12:06 AM Reply   
good to hear...'

take the time to enjoy it with the family !!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-17-2005, 7:55 AM Reply   
Good to hear all went well.... what happened? Did I miss something?
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-17-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Erik ~ great news. I hope you recover fast and I will see you on the water soon.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-17-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
Wanna play frisbee? No, that might be bad. Hope you feel better & that your nose isn't crooked.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-17-2005, 9:10 AM Reply   
Glad to hear you are OK! We'll just have to chase down those guys at the Lake who jumped you on your boat.

Does this mean all those face plants you do wont hurt now? Or they may hurt even more...

See you in a few months. Maybe you can come out and drive and be a third sometime soon.

Keep on the pain medicine and take it easy man!
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-17-2005, 9:48 AM Reply   
Ok, not to piggy back on this conversation but what happend? Some guys jumped you in your boat? It's kewl if this has been beat to death and I just missed it but if ya wanna explain Im curious to know what happend.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-17-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Daniel,
Glen was just kidding.

I was was kicked in the face in a freak accident while playing soccer, and I fractured parts of my Zygoma and orbital bone in 5 places.

Althought the fight story is more glamorous
(I Guess) it was not the case.

Glen see what you started!!!!!
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-17-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
wow Erik, I've had face accidents before, some of them hurt too, but holy crap. I would've been crying like a little baby. Anyways, I'm glad to hear the surgery was a success and your Zygoma and Orbital bone will be fixed good as new in notime, but I can assure you that 10 or 12 weeks will seem like 10-12 months. Get well soon.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-17-2005, 12:05 PM Reply   
I'm glad everything went good,surgeries SUCK!Get well and see you out on the water SOON!
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 7:34 AM Reply   
Erik.. great to hear the surgery was a succes..
I was gonna email you but then ..Poof.. the answer to my question were in this post...
You know anytime you wanna come out to just chill with us on the boat your more than welcome..
Maybe you can be my pain killer supplier now?
Bring some of those with you too..LOL
Hope to see you soon..
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-18-2005, 7:43 AM Reply   
Glad to hear things went well, Erik. When you are all healed up, we need to test the new hardware out at the airport!! I think I seen Team Valdez actually had to turn their heads and cough for one of the security guys on our last trip (j/k-lol)!

Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-18-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Jeff,
I am going to Orlando on the 11th of April so we are going to see if those alarms go off.

Thanks
Erik
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       03-18-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Erik--way to keep up a good sense of humor..
Just a FYI thing.. Lisa(my G/F) has three metal plates and over a dozen screws permantly in her left arm(motorcycle accident)-maybe I told you the story, anyways the metal detectors never went off at the airport. You would think they would, but never a Beep... Although she does take doctors info with her just incase..