Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    checkershockey9            09-13-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
Hey, does anyone have an Apple Ipod that they want to sell. If you do can you send me an e-mail. I probobly will buy it.

Thanks
Old    sk8joe01            09-14-2004, 6:10 AM Reply   
ew, don't get an ipod. they are cool and all, but the battery life blows and i've herd that they just flat out dye after a while and apple dosn't replace them.

check out a CreativeLabs Zen Xtra, or a Zen Touch. i have the Xtra, 60gb, removable/replacable battery, and i got it for under $400, much less than the ipods that are lower capacity. only trade off being that you don't have the touch wheel to go thru thousands of songs real quick. there is a find feature thats prety nice tho. that its slightly bigger than an ipod, not much tho, definatly much smaller than other HDD mp3 players out there.

anyways, you may want an ipod anyway, but check out a Zen just for kicks. there are always new ones being sold on ebay for decent prices.
Old    sk8joe01            09-14-2004, 6:12 AM Reply   
woah, sept money dosn't seem to be an issue for you... can i have a boat? you seem to have a extra...
Old    tyerone44            09-14-2004, 6:58 AM Reply   
I love my i pod and have had it like 2 years, the battery is still good. They will replace your battery after it is shot. don't know anythng about the Zen but it sound o.k.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-14-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
I love my ipod mini, have a car charger, so it never runs out, but i can normally get 500 minutes out of it, assuming im not using the back light alot. You can also get kits that will intergrate it into your stereo, and use the stereo controls to control the ipod. yay!!!
Old    sk8joe01            09-14-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
ya, there definatly is much more paraphanalia for the ipods. i was suggesting the zen from a higher capacity more price concious point of view
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-14-2004, 11:46 AM Reply   
The battery for Ipods only has so many cycles of charging. After it dies, apple will replace the battery for you...for $100!!!

Eric
Old    cheeseinaz            09-14-2004, 12:07 PM Reply   
If you get an iPod or any type of device that has a rechargeable battery the key to getting the most out of it is to keep it as cool as possible. When not using it, you should keep it indoors, not in your car where the temps can climb into the 100+ range. Heat kills any type of battery-AAA, rechargeable even car batteries die faster because of the heat. (Trust me, I live in AZ) I got my iPod well over 1 1/2 yrs ago and I use it every day at the gym and every weekend on the boat and it still holds a charge for at least 6 hrs. When it gets low on power, I throw it on the car charger. Only word of caution: it was sort of tempermental getting it to work with my PC because it's not a Mac.
Old    sk8joe01            09-14-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
eric, just $100? for my friend it was more around $175, then shipping both ways on top or that
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2004, 8:21 PM Reply   
I'm sitting here listening to my IRIVER iHP-120. It is also one for you to check out... For the money it seemed to have the most features for what I wanted. It pretty much comes w/ everything and you don't need to buy the remote and case, etc. But they do have additional stuff if ya want. The IPOD price is much higher after you add on all the extras.....

I also went ahead and got the BestBuy replacement policy as I figure these things are still pretty fragile, especially if I'll be taking it out on the boat. I guess we'll see if it was worth it.... $40 for 4 years I think? and it's a straight up swap when you take it in.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-14-2004, 8:22 PM Reply   
oh, and go to www.cnet.com for a lot of reviews