Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-12-2013, 3:03 AM Reply   
Hello

first I introduice myself
Fabien, I am french (sorry for my english) and I am a cable rider
I am a big guy (192 or 6.2 feet and 95 kg or 210 lbs) and intermediate rider

And I have some problems with my knees, like patellar syndrome and some arthrosis

so I would like to change my board (hyperlite franshise 142) to a flex board
what I want is softest langing as possible, and also good press (i think I have to decrease kickers)

I hesitate between several boards
- slingshot reflex 145
- LF flx 142 or deluxe 143
- Ronix phoenix s 142

what do you think about that ?

and I saw also the new LF super trip (143 or 147) which seems to be super flex
is there somebody who tried it ?

Thanks
Fabien
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-12-2013, 3:54 AM Reply   
Ill try it today or at least try to try it?
Old     (jtiblier123)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-12-2013, 4:30 AM Reply   
Only boards with flex that I have ridden are the LF shane Hybrid, Ronix Phoenix s and regular, and Ronix District.

Out of those, the phoenix s is my favorite for the cable. Just make sure you land properly off the kickers.
Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-12-2013, 4:56 AM Reply   
" Just make sure you land properly off the kickers."
easy to say, but when you try something new on a kicker, you land as you can !
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-12-2013, 5:23 AM Reply   
The response 145, I've ridden one, super fast and pretty soft... That'll definitely be a knee saver
Old     (burn229)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-14-2013, 5:32 PM Reply   
I have patellar tendinitis but its from my knee cap not tracking correctly. Not sure if you thought of it or not but i use a knee brace and can ride pain free. Investing in a 60 dollar knee brace I think would help you more than a soft landing board.

The board I would go for would be the 140 marius or 145 marek both land super soft. I've ridden both and prefer the Marek soft landings and good pop.
Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-15-2013, 12:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by burn229 View Post
I have patellar tendinitis but its from my knee cap not tracking correctly. Not sure if you thought of it or not but i use a knee brace and can ride pain free. Investing in a 60 dollar knee brace I think would help you more than a soft landing board.
I agre with that ans I will do
soft board + knee brace + knee injections + ...
everything i can do to ride all summer
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-14-2013, 6:15 PM Reply   
firm believer that flex gives a soft landing.
i also think that boards with spines or other belly features land soft

everyone here will agree that continuous rockers generally land softer than their brothers of other rocker types.

some recommendations for a flexy continuous rocker board are (but not limited too):
Slingshot Response or Newton
Liquid Force Super Trip
Humanoid Oracle
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-14-2013, 8:01 PM Reply   
dude im the same size. dlx 43 or watson 43 flx. both are unreal boards. softer when you land flat, happen to case the wake etc.
Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-15-2013, 12:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
everyone here will agree that continuous rockers generally land softer than their brothers of other rocker types.
I have read the exactly opposite : 3 stage rocker should land softer ??!!

more I think, less I snow
Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-15-2013, 12:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
firm believer that flex gives a soft landing.
i also think that boards with spines or other belly features land soft
that what I think also
but, I went to a shot and test flex with hand and I found slingshot stiffer than LF for exemple (and LF have also spines)
but everybody says that slingshot is the best for softer landing
why ??
Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-15-2013, 12:52 AM Reply   
thanks for answers, I went on a reflex 145 2012 with a nice price
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2013, 3:35 PM Reply   
both the lf super squirt and the humanoid oracle have continuous rockers, flex, AND a spine.. if you like the sound of those they should be fine. If you can try each of the boards that would be best, but i totally understand if that is not possible

Slingshot was and still is a leader in the industry as far as flex goes. They were the first successful company to produce a major line of boards dedicated to flex features and sandwich construction. Their boards are USA made and are also environmentally friendly. these are some of the reasons that make them especially popular, and the reasons i am biased to slingshot personally.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
somehow i missed your last post Fabien,

Congrats on your choice. The reflex has chined or raised edges that will help preserve the integrity of your board when hitting kickers and rails. the rocker is a hybrid type so it will land near as soft as the continuous rocker, but preserve a nice kick to your pop too.
Old     (lefab)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-15-2013, 11:52 PM Reply   
I think humanoid is difficult to find in france
LF super trip : I didn't find any review (or feeling) about this board ... seems to be super flex, but ...
so I went to something that everybody knows and like
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-19-2013, 8:25 PM Reply   
Go with anything with a continuous rocker. Also get a board your size if not a little big. I rode 3 stage always and had 2 acls and tons of knee problems and switches to a continuous albeit abrupt cont. marek 3 years ago and all problems ended, sure there are other factors involved but I can feel a huge difference in the way continuous or more rounded rockers land with speed. When the board sticks and stops the knee folds. I am 6 ft 205 and I am riding a Marek 145 and love it. I have torn same acl twice and had a little big of meniscus damage in same knee as well. Other knee is good but has been sprained some in past. The marek is a great board for the knees or any slingshot would be great as well.