Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-07-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1406

If you can make it to this PLEASE SHOW UP and support.

This park has to be built. Anyone have any special ideas that may help?

The Kansas City park, the OK cable park, and or the TSR guys? Please add any comments or topics that you may think would help us get this passed. How did you get your parks built, was it all private?

Thanks in advance.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-07-2007, 9:57 AM Reply   
I've been to the OK park and ride at TSR 3-4 times a week. OK and TSR were both privately built, I think KCW as well. I think the best person to talk to would be Blake Hess from TSR. He's a cable guru and knows everything from how to rip it up on cable to how to build one. His email address is on the TSR page. www.texasskiranch.com

If I lived in SD I would be doing everything I could to get the cable park going. Cable is sooo much fun, there are a lot of tricks you can do on a cable that are almost impossible to do on a boat.
Old     (santee_lakes_cable_park)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-07-2007, 3:38 PM Reply   
The best thing you can do is attend the meeting on Tuesday at 3:30. The PDMWD board members will be making a decision to either approve or deny the project. If approved, we can move forward to the City Council hearing early next year. We feel that if we have the support of the community, we have a great chance of an approval!

We appreciate the outpouring of support thus far! Many of you have volunteered your own time, written letters and attending meetings and we can't thank you enough! We are looking forward to Tuesday and hope to see many of you there!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-07-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
I'll be there and hopefully as many of you can make it as possible. Let's all get together and go for a beer afterwards!
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       11-07-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Where is it exactly? (the meeting)

-Steve
Old     (santee_lakes_cable_park)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-07-2007, 6:41 PM Reply   
The exact address is 9300 Fanita Parkway, Santee. The building is adjacent to the lake where the cable park will be.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-07-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
is there anyway those of us that can't get down there at that time can email or call in our support?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-07-2007, 8:36 PM Reply   
wow a c stack sighting

thanks man, where's Gid and jason onori at? what about rj?

http://www.santeelakes.com/CableSkiPark.htm

please fill it out
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-08-2007, 12:27 AM Reply   
done.

as for gid, et. al, i have no idea. haven't talked to or seen any of those guys for about two or three years now.

haven't even ridden in two years! crazy.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2007, 1:36 AM Reply   
what is the REAL reason for it being @3:30pm when most people are working still? why not @7pm or something like that?

i really hope this goes thru as i will be making the a trip there atleast a couple times a month
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-08-2007, 9:37 AM Reply   
Good call Gary!
Old     (jeff_altman)      Join Date: May 2002       11-08-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
I can't make it either but i submitted my opinion. Thanks for the info Glenn
Old     (santee_lakes_cable_park)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-12-2007, 11:56 AM Reply   
Tomorrow is the day!Please come out to Santee Lakes and show your support for the proposed cable park. For more details or questions, feel free to contact me at info@santeelakescablepark.com.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       11-13-2007, 8:19 AM Reply   
good luck!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-13-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
I will definately be there.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-13-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
Ron... this is Jonny. Do you think Gary could make a post like that?!!!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-13-2007, 9:15 PM Reply   
Buzz reports that we have passed the first hurdle. I got a voice mail from him saying that the Water Board voted positively on the project. Apparently the next hurdle is a vote with the City Council in January.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-13-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
What happens after the city council vote in janruary. If this thing passes, im moving down south. :-)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-14-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Yes, it was a unanimous 5-0 decision! We even had Tony Finn up at the podium rallying for the cause. It was a great night.

All that's left is for the City Council to approve it early next year, but this 5-0 vote was a huge hurdle crossed and it will send a statement to the City Council.

I think Santee is going to be wakeboarding in 2009!!!!
Old     (santee_lakes_cable_park)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-14-2007, 8:22 AM Reply   
It really was a great night! A huge, gigantic, and enormous THANK YOU to all who have supported us thus far. We could not have done it with out you!

There are still a few more obstacles, but we think Santee will be wakeboarding in '09 too!
Old     (priapism)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-14-2007, 10:40 AM Reply   
YEAH!

That is great news! Please keep us posted on future meetings, needs, etc...
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-14-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
Good to hear! Thanks Tony Finn, Wakeworld, and the rest of the SD crew.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-14-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Right on! I'm coming to SD to check it out when it's done!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-14-2007, 3:27 PM Reply   
congrats socal!
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-14-2007, 3:39 PM Reply   
we need one down here, that would be soooo cool.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       11-14-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
Looks like I'll be visiting socal a lot more.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-14-2007, 5:28 PM Reply   
I guess it could have been a better turn out, but big thanks for all that did show up. There are hundreds of hardcore boarders here, but a pretty small crowd for something this important. Any project like this needs a ton of community support, and it was great to see everyone there. Man, Mr. Wakeworld, Mr. Liquid Force, Mr. Wakesports, and many others. Great to see! Of course the unanimous vote by the board was great, and we can only hope that the city council feels the same way. I know I will be at that meeting! It was pretty interesting hearing some of the comments opposed to the project, mainly concerned about noise, etc. Great to also see and hear comments from neighbors who's back fence borders the lake, say that are excited to hear riders having fun at the park, etc. Like I said, interesting points of view from both sides, but overall, the opponents have a very small gripe compared to all the positive benefits the park will provide. Man! I am really getting excited now!

Big thanks for Trevor and his group for the after-meeting celebration. What a great group of folks. Had a blast, but not sure Kim and I said thanks, but thanks a bunch. Let's do it again soon!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-15-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Elizabeth, not to jump the gun, but provided you do get the go ahead have you considered who you're going to have install the cable? is it going to be a rixen cable? are the sliders going to be professionally built? Have you guys taken any of that stuff into consideration or is that too far off? Once you get approval from everyone the cable system should go up fairly quickly. You already have the lake.
Old     (santee_lakes_cable_park)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-15-2007, 3:19 PM Reply   
Benjamin- We can't final anything with a cable manufacturer until we have received all necessary approvals from the City of Santee.

And yes, as far as I know, all obstacles will be professionally built.